13 Summer Jobs You Can Safely Work During Quarantine On Long Island, New York

Getting a college degree is great. Achieving one proves that college students have what it takes to move forward in life and find a beneficial job. With the threat of COVID-19, it can be very difficult for graduates to find employment due to stores being closed, going bankrupt or slowly reopening again. However, during this time college students can search for remote jobs that combine the skills and knowledge they possess. Here remote summer jobs for students that hopefully lead towards career opportunities.

1. Freelance Writer

This is the person that writes content for social media pages. They need to stay informed about trends, perform research, and create fun and inspiring content.

2. Social Media Manager

Everyone uses social media, so why not turn it into a career? This job requires activities from making engaging content, informing people about things, and promoting brands.

3. Resume Writer

When students graduate they need to make sure their resume stands out to employers. If you have great writing and organizational skills this job would be perfect.

4. Online Tutor

Being able to share with others the knowledge that you have while making some money is a great job for college students or recent graduates. With the internet, being a tutor is easier, and you can offer help for any grade level.

5. Transcriptionist

Both excellent listening and writing skills are required for this one. You need to listen to audio recording and type the words you hear.

6. Freelance Website Designer

This job is not just designing websites. You need to provide interesting content, visuals, links, and unique ideas that will drive traffic to the sites in order to read, share or purchase something.

7. Software Developer

This is a perfect job for programmers and web designers. All you need is a computer, internet access, and fresh ideas.

8. IT Manager

With this position, you need to develop technology strategies for different companies, agencies, and nonprofits. Information system managers can work alone and lead a team right from home.

9. Translator

Employers for this job need articles/books translated for clients. It helps if you are bilingual and a great communicator.

10. iOS Developer

Anyone with a degree in software engineering or computer science would like this job. Having a computer with a strong internet connection is important, but this job is available from any location.

11. Editor

There are opportunities for students who enjoy writing blogs and would like to work as a copywriter and editor. This is a job for people that want a future career in marketing.

12. Data Entry

Here is another high in demand job for students with a degree in computer science or marketing. This one requires keeping track of inventory for companies and developing plans of them.

13. Virtual Assistant

Right from home, you can be an assistant and complete small tasks business owners do not have the time to do. Some assignments include scheduling appointments, making changes to their website, and sending emails to clients.