13 Signs You're Dating Your Best Friend

13 Signs You're Dating Your Best Friend

1. You express affection through insults and teasing

132
13 Signs You're Dating Your Best Friend

Everyone's relationship has defining characteristics. Maybe your relationship is full of whirlwind romance and grand gestures. Or maybe your relationship is one that is very casual and go with the flow. I consider my relationship to be one that is like dating your best friend; you get the romance and love of a relationship, but also the humor and loyalty you find in friendship. Here are 13 signs that you are dating your best friend:

Lovey nicknames? Those don't really exist in your relationship. Instead you prefer to use insults, such as "loser" or "idiot." You also often tease each other about embarrassing and silly things you've done (all in good fun).

2. You love to annoy each other

You know all the little things that push their buttons, such as making them take random pictures of you. It's entertaining to get on their nerves, so sometimes you will purposely be slightly annoying to laugh at their reaction. And they do the same to you!

3. You can eat as much food as you want around them without judgement

You don't understand how some people limit how much or what they eat in front of their significant other, because you two pig out in front of each other all the time! Whether it's pizza or junk food, sometimes you just have those days where you want to eat a ton of food and you know they'll be right there beside you to join in.

4. You are 100% comfortable with them

You can be as weird and crazy as you want around them; they won't mind, because they act the same way. You love taking silly pictures, having weird conversations, and telling them your most random thoughts. Other people would probably think you're crazy if they heard some of your conversations.

5. You have more inside jokes than you can count

Everything you do probably results in some sort of inside joke. You have inside jokes about things you've done together, things you've told each other about, and things you know about each other. Sometimes you accidentally say an inside joke you two share to someone else, which only results in confusion when you try to explain it.

6. 99% of your conversations involve lame jokes and laughter

You are basically comedians together; in fact, you could probably star in a comedy together. They hear all of your best (and worst) material. There is always lots of laughter in your conversations, which may or may not include you laughing at your own jokes or them laughing at how bad your jokes are.

7. You don't need to go on romantic or elaborate dates to have fun

You don't need to go to a fancy restaurant or have a super well planned day to have fun with them. Something as simple as grabbing coffee is still tons of fun. You feel as if you could have fun with them doing anything or going anywhere and don't feel the need to spend a lot of money on dates.

8. You share a lot of the same interests

Whether it be music, movies, television shows, or hobbies, you share a lot of the same interests. This makes your relationship much more interesting because you always have topics to talk and get excited about together. You each have your own separate interests, but there are a lot of things you both agree on which keeps the relationship interesting.

9. You are shopping buddies (and it's actually fun, not a total disaster)

Unlike those couples that are a total disaster shopping together, you actually enjoy it. You both pick out things that you think will look good on each other, and you don't hold back on letting them know if something isn't flattering. If they need to go buy some new clothes, you're always down to go with them.

10. When something happens, they're one of the first people you tell

Good news or bad news, they are one of the first people to know what's going on in your life. You know that they will provide a listening ear and provide advice when needed. Plus, you know they are always proud of you for your accomplishments.

11. You can't stay mad at them very long

Nobody is perfect. You both do things that make each other mad at times, but these things are usually minor and you get over it pretty fast. Even bigger fights don't last long because you are always willing to compromise and set aside your differences.

12. No matter what the circumstances are, you trust them to have your back

Your significant other is 100% behind you and will always support you, no matter what. Sure, some of your hobbies and interests may not be their cup of tea, but you know they will support you and cheer you on the whole way. You support them in everything they do, as well.

13. Even though your relationship may not be the ideal, super romantic relationship, you love dating your best friend and wouldn't have it any other way

Your goofy, fun-filled relationship makes you happy. It may not be the typical relationship that you'd see in the movies, but you wouldn't trade it in for anything in the world. In your opinion, dating someone who doubles as your best friend is the way to go.