13 Signs You Live With A Music Major

13 Signs You Live With A Music Major

Life is better with a bit of music.

82
13 Signs You Live With A Music Major
chuttersnap // Unsplash

I am not a music major; however, I do live with them. I live with three extremely talented, musically gifted, beautiful souls. Most of the time I love them, yet some of the time my roommate and I want to kill them. But at the end of the day, I know my suite is going to go on and do fantastic things. Here are 13 signs music majors have made your life as crazy as mine.

1. You have seen enough recitals/choir concerts to last a lifetime.

Please note that I only wish recitals were this exciting.

2. You know all of their songs because they practice in the dorm.

I invested in really nice headphones.

3. You have received a noise complaint because they practiced their instrument in the dorm.

I love it when they get a new instrument. That clarinet sounded great.

4. You cannot take a nap when they are home.

I love naps almost as much as I love them, but I love naps more when they are in class.

5. You have been introduced to tons of new music, except half of them are in a different language.

"Wow, that sounded great...what language was that again?"

6. You no longer sing in the car, shower, or room because you pale in comparison to them.

I like to pretend that I'm as good as they are and sing with them, but we all know the truth.

7. You officially know what a French horn looks and sounds like.

They are beautiful, ridiculous and just plain awesome. Find someone who plays the French horn immediately and then enjoy their melodious tunes.

8. You never see them during the day because they have like 8 million classes.

I love those 20 minutes in between their classes when I get to see them.

9. You have developed a new love for percussion.

"Man, I love percussion!"

10. You have never seen anyone drink so much coffee.

All the coffee, never enough water.

11. You don't get half of their music jokes.

They're just not your forte.

12. Your life is like a never-ending musical.

They sing in the halls, they sing on the way to dinner, and they sing before bed. They sing enough to make you feel like you are Patrick Dempsey in Enchanted.

13. You love your music majors and couldn't imagine doing life without them.

This is dedicated to my talented suitemates who astound me every day with their talents. I couldn't imagine this year without them and I'm so thankful for the unique friendships they have given me. Life is better with a bit of music.