13 Signs You’re The Girl Who’s Always Cold, Even In The Summer

"I'll have an ice water, hold the ice."

38
Leafy Tea

Once upon a time, my parents described me as a mini space heater. When I was an infant especially, I radiated heat. So much so that taking a nap with me came with the additional perk of staying nice and toasty (I was a winter baby, so those first few months were probably great). Now, I can hardly go anywhere without the risk of being cold, even if it is during the summer.

Here are 13 signs that you are the girl who is always cold, even in the summer:

1. You wear long sleeves to work

If you’re like me, you can’t risk your boss wanting the AC on the hot days.

2. You bring a sweatshirt to restaurants

Your friends and family will know you well enough to remind you to bring it as well if you walk out of the house empty-handed.

3. Your weather app is your best friend

It’s one of the first things that you check in the morning and you plan accordingly based on where you are going.

4. People complain when you get in the car

“Can we lower the air for a while?”

5. You have a spare sweatshirt/sweatpants for long drives

If you like wearing rompers like me, you know what I’m talking about.

6. You are hyper-aware when someone indicates that it may get cold

“You can raise the window if you want.”

7. You contemplate closed-toe shoes in 80 degree weather

Sneakers, it is.

8. People laugh when your lips turn blue in the pool

The water may already be cold, but for you, it feels about 20 degrees colder.

9. Going outside with a wet head is an ordeal

It may be warm outside, but you can already feel the goosebumps rising (and if you are like me, hear your grandmother hollering at you).

10. Your friends tease you when you get goosebumps

I can’t help it! You laughed when I wanted to bring a sweatshirt.

11. You still take warm showers

I may have just walked down Main Ave. from my office to the bank, but there’s no way you will get me to take a cold shower.

12. You contemplate bringing a blanket to the movie theater

Alright, you never go through with it, but it is a persistent thought.

13. You will use other people as body heaters

It’s only fair that the favor is repaid for all the heat I once gave out. It’s no wonder I am as cold as I am, now!