13 Reasons Being An Aunt Is Simply The Best Thing Ever

Auntin' ain't easy...

124
Jericka Evans

Some things are awesome, but being an Aunt tops them all.

I can guarantee you that nothing is better than hearing them scream your name when they finally get to see you, running up to hug you, giving you a kiss on the cheek, or seeing them in the front row of the audience at a performance.

Nothing compares to sitting outside watching them jump on the trampoline or playing soccer, and nothing compares to sitting on the bleachers while they do what they love.

These are only a number of things that make being an aunt awesome, and while I wish I could write them all out, here are 13 that are pretty important:

1. You can love them, and then give them back.

Yeah, having a niece or a nephew is cool, because you can love them while they're being cool, and then give them back when they're being a brat.

2. You get to be the "Cool Aunt."

Who wants an Aunt that's boring? I sure don't. That's why I'm the coolest.

3. You have someone you can spoil.

Spoiling them is almost as fun as spoiling yourself. It's absolutely a close second...

4. Holidays just became a lot more fun.

What's more fun than seeing a kid wake up to presents that weren't there the night before? Let me answer that for you... Nothing.

Y'know what else is priceless? Watching them try an open every present in sight. Even if it's not theirs.

5. They are always excited to see you.

"AUNT JEEEEEKAAAAAA!!!"

Let me tell you... best expression of affection ever. Nothing compares to them screaming their nickname for you a mile away once they see that it's you.

6. Friday nights mean watching them do what they love.

Friday routine:

- Class until 2:50 P.M.

- Rush to get to the baseball field by 5:30 p.m.

- Watch my boy become a mini Astro's player on the baseball field.

7. Taking cute pictures of/with them becomes your forte.

They're sleeping? Picture. They're doing something silly? Gotta get that on video! They've just gotten done with a baseball game? "Hey, will you take a picture of us, please?"

8. You gain a really tiny bff.

Nothing is better than a little best friend who will never hurt you or do mean things. He's your confidant and he makes your days better with just a laugh or a hug.

9. You can act like a kid without someone reprimanding you for it.

You can play with legos, cars, Lincoln Logs, jump on the trampoline, go into a bouncy house, etc. And guess what? No one can say a dang thing about it!

10. You laugh more, smile more, and gain lifelong memories.

Laughing is the greatest medicine, and honestly, I think laughing with your niece or nephew is even better.

11. Having your own "mini-me" becomes pretty cool.

They kind of become your little partner in miniature crime! It's super cute when they want to chill with you and show you how much they love you.

12. Teaching them things is always an interesting experience.

Teach them how to throw up the peace sign. It's legendary. Maybe add the duck face or tongue sticking out, too – just to spice it up. Also... teach them about Snapchat filters. You won't regret it.

13. "I love you" is given a whole new meaning.

I always thought I had a certain feeling when I told my friends and close family that I loved them, then Daxton came along, and I realized I meant "I love you" in a whole new way I'd never knew existed.