13 Places In Georgia To Visit Over The Summer

If you're trying to figure out what to do in Georgia, there's a lot to visit!

160
Shreya Ravichandran

Stuck on what to during break at the last minute in Georgia? I'll admit, I've been there too many times before. It's tough to come up with ideas, but here are 13 places to visit that I know anyone in Georgia will enjoy going to during their summer vacation!

1. Go on a family trip to Hilton Head Island.

Going to the beach is common for people to do, but spending quality time with your family can be really fun. It creates a lot of new experiences, and at the same time, you have your family members with you. To make it a bit more exciting, have a friend or two tag along for the trip. Hilton Head Island has a lot of really cool restaurants, too, and my personal favorite was a Greek restaurant called It's Greek to Me.

2. Visit Webb Bridge Park.

If you live near or in the Alpharetta area, you should definitely go to Webb Bridge Park. It surprisingly has a lot of scenery that is perfect for relaxing, and if you're very childlike, the park area has a lot of activities and fields for different sports. Overall, it is welcoming for anyone who plans on running, playing, taking photos or just sitting by a lake.

3. Visit Atlanta!

There are so many places to go, and it's actually surprisingly how many different places have aesthetic backgrounds to look at. There's art everywhere, even in the smallest forms. Paintings can be found near the tops of buildings, and it's strange to picture someone all the way at the top of a building, painting a mural. Also, places like the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola attract lots of visitors, and they never fail to impress. Here's a list of attractions all over Atlanta.

4. Go to Six Flags Over Georgia.

Six Flags Over Georgia is very popular during the summer, and it's a great place for the whole family to go. People who enjoy roller coasters will love Six Flags Over Georgia because of the number of rides to choose from. I've been there once before a few years ago, and I think that's when I first found my love of roller coasters.

5. Go to Centennial Olympic Park.

This is where the Olympics took place in 1996, and along with it being a historic site that is important to the development of Atlanta, it's really pretty. I went there last summer for a school trip, and it was a really great place to have fun with friends. I recommend going to Centennial Olympic Park just take in how nice it looks.

6. Go to Krog Street Market.

Krog Street Market is a great place to buy a variety of items from food to candles, but I particularly loved the murals around the area. I used to go there all the time to take pictures. One wall has a painting of fish against a black background, and another has the words "I am art" spray painted with a drawing of a crown above. I love art, and seeing these murals made so happy. For anyone who loves murals, shopping or photography, Krog Street Market is the perfect place to take a walk, and try to count how many murals you can catch and how many items you want to buy.

7. Go to the Nest Cafe.

For anyone living in the Milton area, the Nest Cafe is a great place to go for fun. I went there a few weeks ago with my friend because she highly recommended it, and I feel the same way. I love the interior design and furniture, and it just has a welcoming feeling that anyone would gladly want on a summer's day.

8. Visit colleges in Georgia.

It's a unique activity to do during summer break, but it's always fun to see how different colleges look! My friend took this picture at Georgia Tech when she was visiting a few weeks ago, and she even went shopping around that area.

9. Go to Atlantic Station.

I've been to Atlantic Station only once a few months ago, but it's a colorful place with a small park and lots of different shops. For people who like to shop, it's a great place to go with a lot of pretty scenery to look at when walking around.

10. Go to Buford Dam Park!

I used to go there every Saturday afternoon, and it has so much nature that it's perfect for just relaxing and watching the water. It's been a while since I've gone, but every time I have, I always leave happy. My favorite part of going to Buford Dam Park is this jetty-like area where there's only water surrounding. If you want to, you can even drive a boat in the water.

11. Go to a mall.

There are so many to choose from, but some that I'm familiar with are North Point, Avalon and Perimeter. Shopping can be extremely therapeutic, and summer break is the time meant for unwinding. Whether you go by yourself or with someone else, I guarantee that visiting the mall at least once in a while will make you feel better than you already are.

12. Go to a park to watch fireworks.

Every year on Independence Day, the whole country comes together and spends the evening watching fireworks. I've participated in this yearly tradition for as long as I can remember, and each year, I'm blown away by the fireworks that light up the night sky in an array of colors. I've been to a variety of places to see fireworks, but with a little bit of research, you can easily find a nearby place that does this.

13. Visit Callaway Gardens.

This was my favorite place to go when I was much younger, and I loved seeing the butterflies in the Day Butterfly Center. It's a great place to go for younger children, but anyone will enjoy this place that showcases the everyday beauty of nature.

All 13 of these ideas are wonderful for everyone to visit for fun, and I wish you a great summer!