Credit: http://goo.gl/zhHc2h
Pin It
// At Le Moyne College

13 Halloween Costumes Every College Girl Must Try

Bring on the sparkle!

Add to Collection

To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.

Halloween—a time for tricks, treats, and (oh, what other cheesy thing can I think of)…apples? Let's face it, 99 percent of what is posted about Halloween is undeniably overdone and cheesy. I've compiled a list of costumes for all my fellow collegiates to keep you classy and anything but boring at all those parties you'll be attending. All of these are super easy and can be done in a group or alone. Enjoy!

1. The Doll

Such an easy choice. If you're like me, you don't want to spend an obnoxious amount of money on an outfit you'll only wear once. So if you have some cardboard and a lace dress, I suggest the wind-up doll.

However, if you are really good at makeup, go for the broken or "scary" doll look.

2. The Ladies of "American Horror Story: Coven"

It's like the costume designers of AHS mixed a Southern "Gossip Girl" and Urban Outfitters! Just keep adding on the black, and don't forget a red lip!

3. Audrey Hepburn as Holly

Classic, sensible, can be done in a variety of ways. Whether you want to fully commit and be Holly Golightly or take a spin off of the forever It Girl, you are sure to capture some eyes and hearts.

4. Starbucks Drinks

How much more 2015 can you get? Tissue paper and a printer are all you need...and of course a pumpkin spiced latte!

5. A Chanel

They currently rule Wallace University, but that doesn't mean you can't bring a little Kappa to your own college. Get your sorority to dress as them, or even your recent pledges. Who knows, maybe the Red Devil will stop by for a drink.

6. A Flapper

Ode to the age when women got dirty looks for wearing trousers. There is nothing more fun than an embrace of new-age femininity with lace, sparkly dresses, pearls and cute headpieces.

7. The Black or White Swan

Very much an ode to Natalie Portman at first, but remember "Swan Lake" came first! And what better way to exude grace and delicate femininity, while being extremely tasteful?

8. Heathers

Heather, Heather, Heather, Martha Dumptruck, J.D., and Veronica: the almighty cast. Feel like making people eat a brain tumor for breakfast? Dress as one of these and maybe you'll meet your match in croquet.

9. Pink Ladies 1950s

Looking to to let out your inner Sandy Olsson? This outfit is literally the easiest—I can guarantee the only piece you will need is the jacket. And if you're like me and never know how to get your hair just right, this is definitely your best option!

10. Hipster Disney Princesses

My friends and I did this last year. You'll be comfy all night—no worries about forgetting to take out your contacts or about being too cold—layers are always an option here!

11. Ladies of "Harry Potter"

I mean is this not still an obvious choice? Of course you can pull out the Hogwarts uniform, or play on the characters! Make it a hipster Dolores Umbridge or Bellatrix. The key here is balance in makeup.

12. Superwoman

A bunch of guys did this for my senior ball. Under their suits, they all wore superhero shirt—but who says girls can't play the part, too? Cute, easy, and definitely something to make you stand out!

13. Hipster Masquerade Princess

I love this. I have done this before and it is so chic. Get a pretty lace mask, or even a furry one. Put on a short dress, grab your over-the-knee socks, some heels, and you're good to go!

I prefer my coffee scalding hot, with shots of Austen and Locke.

Like Odyssey on Facebook