Let's reminisce about perhaps the greatest feelings to be felt by a college student.
1. The fragrant smell of coffee as we cram for two tests and a project that's due by midnight in a local cafe amongst other classmates.Giphy
It is honestly so reassuring to know that every single person in that coffee shop is struggling too. Mutual stressing is a thing, right?
2. The smell of buttered popcorn and flocks of people chattering in excitement awaiting to see a blockbuster that has been getting all the buzz.Giphy
Once I was able to smuggle in a personal size pizza, gummy worms, Takis, and a little water bottle into my purse. No one should spend $15 on a tub of popcorn and a soda!
3. The euphoric feeling of going on a spontaneous trip with your friends.Giphy
Whether it's a day trip to Houston or a road trip out of state, I was down for the count (and usually in charge of snacks).
4. The feeling of meeting someone and thinking, "where has this person been all of my life?!"Giphy
College is filled with these beautiful moments!
5. The freedom of choice. To stay in bed and watch movies on a rainy day or to go out and socialize with the world?Giphy
If I am being honest I love being a busy person with millions of things to do each day. This quarantine has taught me there is no shame in being lazy and watching movies all day, it's healthy to decompress in this fast-paced world!
6. Being starstruck while hearing your favorite artist play live in concert.Giphy
Let's say a quick prayer for all the music festivals and concerts we were going to attend this year.
7. Smiling at people as they pass by and feeling joyful when someone smiles back.Giphy
Come on, you know a stranger smiling at you is a great feeling! Especially after you practiucally bombed that Calculus test.
8. Missing some information the professor gave out and your classmate shares their notes without even having to ask.Giphy
This is the respect and kindness we all seek out in the people we want sitting next to us in class. I find that the second row of seats in class is filled with great people!
9. Planning out every detail of vacation, down to the outfits and all the local spots.Giphy
Do you think trying hard not to look like a tourist makes me look like one even more?
10. Going to a restaurant and looking at the menu for more than 30 minutes.Giphy
And then I usually end up getting the first thing I had considered ordering.
11. The love you feel when holding a loved one close.Giphy
After this pandemic ends, I might just hug everyone I meet.
12. Thinking you overslept but you actually have another hour before you have to make it to class on time.Giphy
We all know that extra hour of sleep smacks!
13. Attending get-togethers with your family or friends.Giphy
I even miss the horrible Dad jokes, family drama, and deciding who's paying for the Uber.
I think the solution to our problem is very clear now: WEAR YOUR MASK AND DO YOUR PART TO FLATTEN THE CURVE! Once we do that, the sooner we will all get to do the things that we long so much to do.