13 Books To Read This Summer & Why

13 Books To Read This Summer & Why

No, 13 Reasons Why isn't one of them...
1

1. The Girls in the Garden - Lisa Jewel

It's a mystery thriller story that has 3.56 stars on Goodreads. You can go check out the full description here.

2. One True Loves - Taylor Jenkins Reid

It's a love triangle. She has to choose between her husband who has been lost for years and her new fiancé. Which will she choose? It has 4.1 star on Goodreads so check it out here.

3. My Not So Perfect Life - Sophia Kinstella

This sounds like such a good read because it shows that even though Katie (the main character) seems to have the perfect life on her Instagram account and everything, it sheds light on the fact that life is not perfect. It sounds interesting and fun. It has 3.8 stars on Goodreads, so it has to be good. Check it out here.

4. The Roanoke Girls - Amy Engel

This one is a mystery thriller where two cousins come together after both losing someone who was close to them. It sounds interesting enough so I can't wait to read it. The Goodreads rating on it is 3.7 and check it out here.

5. The Second Mrs. Hockaday - Susan Rivers

This one is probably near the top of my list. It's about a newly wed couple during the Civil War in America and he has to go off to be a Major in the war. While he is away, rumor has it that his new wife has relations with another man and has that mans child then murdering it! She's then put in jail when he returns two years later. Oh, did I mention that she's only 17? Go check it out here if you love Historical Fiction like I do.

6. The Orphan's Tale - Pam Jenoff

A sixteen year old girl has a child in Nazi Germany but is forced to give it up. Later she can't get over her lost child and she sees a train full of Jewish children and she can't help herself. She grabs one and runs away to a circus where she has to learn to become a trapeze artist. This book has 4 stars and you can check it out right here.

7. The Shadow Land - Elizabeth Kostova

An American woman goes to Bulgaria to heal after losing her brother and an elderly couple leaves their suitcase in a taxi after she helps them out. The suitcase contain an urn with human ashes and she knows that she must return them. It's a mystery and historical fiction mixed into one. Perfect to keep me on my toes this summer, with 3.7 stars, so check it out on Goodreads here.

8. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins

From the author of The Girl on the Train, here comes yet another creepy murder mystery book. I know that it doesn't seem like reading this type on a beach with a cool drink in your hand would be perfect, yet it is. This one is about a 15-year old girl whose mother is found at the bottom of a lake, and now she is orphaned in the world. That already sounds like a whirlwind. Go check it out on Goodreads here if you are still wanting more info on it!

9. The Wonder - Emma Donoghue

I've been wanting to read this one since it came out this past fall. It sounded so intriguing, but alas, I just didn't have the time to read it. So now it's sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. It's about a nurse who is brought to a village in Ireland to witness a miracle child who can go days without food or water. It turns into a big media sensation and I can't wait to crack this book open. Check it out here on Goodreads.

10. The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon

Girl sees boy, boy sees girl, and it's love at first sight. Except her life is a mess because her family is being deported back to Jamaica and he realizes that he doesn't want to be the perfect son that his parents want him to be. Young love, is there nothing better to read while sitting on the beach? Check it out on Goodreads here.

11. Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon

She has a rare diesease and has only seen her mom and her nurse for her entire life until she meets a charming boy her age. He moves into the house next to hers and she falls in love with the future he offers her. Read the rest of it on Goodreads here.

12. Roses of May - Dot Hutchison

First of all, if you haven't read The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison, stop whatever you're doing and go read it right now. It's so amazing and mind glowingly creepy that you're going to reach for this book next. It's a sequel that I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating after I finished reading The Butterfly Garden the night that I got it. Here's the actual description to the book on Goodreads, but I just like mine so much more.

13. Goodnight From London - Jennifer Robson

If you can't tell from the cover, this book is a love story about a couple in London during WW2. Aren't these books always the best though? The girl is a young American journalist who finds her big break for writing about the war while located in London. During this gripping story, she finds out what it means to love a man who has so many secrets and burdens. Oh! Ah! Let's grab a copy and some coffee and read it right away. Here's the Goodreads link for more information on the book.