13 Beauty Products You Need To Have In Your Makeup Bag

If your makeup bag needs a refresh, then look no further than these must-have beauty products!

50
cosmeticshalfprice.com

The world of makeup and beauty can be difficult. Choosing the right products can seem overwhelming because there is such a large selection. If you are just getting started with makeup or do not wear makeup a lot, the whole idea of shopping for beauty products probably terrifies you. Finding the right balance between high-quality and less expensive products can seem impossible. Even if you just want to try one new product, the process of picking out a new one is always more difficult than it should be.

As someone who loves makeup, I have tried many products that I have loved and hated. I now mainly stick to thirteen must-have products. I have been using some of them for over five years and some for just six months. However, I love them all and use them regularly. If your makeup bag needs a refresh, then look no further than these must-have beauty products (all are available at Sephora):

1. BareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multi-Tasking Face Concealer

I have been using this gem for over five years now. This is a natural, high quality concealer that works wonders for dark circles, blemishes, and redness. I never have to worry about using BareMinerals products on my sensitive skin which is a huge relief. The packaging is a little strange but it is manageable and definitely worth using. The product lasts for a long time and never clogs pores. The natural ingredients are also a positive because I never have to worry about them hurting my skin.

2. Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara

This is my go-to mascara. The drug store brands do not even compare. I have tried some of the other expensive brands as well but nothing compares to this. The unique brush allows you to coat each and every lash, including those tiny corner lashes. The formula is waterproof but is not impossible to take off at the end of the day. I do not like fake lashes personally so the mascara I use is very important because I want the best results possible without using fakes. This mascara goes above and beyond for everyday use and for special occasions.

3. Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer

As someone who is on the paler side, bronzer is a must during the Summer months especially. My face never matches the tan on my body that I get in the Summer and I don't want to look like a ghost for special occasions either. So, I swear by this bronzer. I have tried other brands but this one is perfect. It isn't too dark so it is difficult to overdo it. This is a great bronzer for contouring as well. It is lightweight and always goes on smoothly.

4. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

This little product is a life saver. I have never been able to use a regular sized mascara brush for my bottom lashes because those brushes are just too big. This product is designed only for bottom lashes. The little brush delivers great results for those occasions when I want to wear mascara on my bottom lashes as well. It is fairly inexpensive and lasts for a long time. It's definitely worth the investment!

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration Moisturizer

Everyone needs a good moisturizer and this one is perfect if you have dry skin like I do! I tried drugstore brands and other more high-end brands but none of them are better than this! I have always had extremely dry skin. Nothing has been able to completely solve this problem for me but this is by far the best moisturizer I have tried! It makes my dry skin manageable and does not irritate my sensitive skin. It has natural ingredients as well that are good for your skin. If you have dry skin, definitely give this a try!

6. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15

If you are not in the mood for lipstick but want something more pigmented than a gloss, then look no further than this product! The colors are gorgeous and provide an amazing, shiny finish. The "rosé" color pictured above is my go-to red shade because red lipstick to too much for me. Whenever I want to wear a red shade, I use this product because it is not overwhelming like red lipsticks usually are. "Tulip" and "untinted" are two of my other favorite shades! This product is great for your lips as well and will keep them moisturized and smooth!

7. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Dry shampoo is something you just have to have on hand at all times. You never know when you may need it. It is a tricky thing to shop for though and many people do not like the common drugstore varieties (including myself). Someone recommended this product to me and I love it! It is a spray that is quick and easy to use. It is easy to brush into your hair and leaves your hair looking a lot less greasy for the day. This is a must-have!

8. Nars Satin Lip Pencil

I received a sample of this product a few years ago and completely fell in love. This is NOT a lip liner though so do not get confused! This product is meant to be used over the entire surface of your lips. It is so smooth and beautifully pigmented. My favorite shade is "Rikugien - rose pink" (pictured above). It is stunning. If you want some color that will stay on but is not overpowering, then this is for you. This versatile product works well for everyday use and for the evening. Once you try it, you will love it.

9. Shaveworks The Cool Fix™

It has been over two years now since I finally found this solution to my shaving woes and it is still worth every penny. If you ever have problems with razor burn, redness, razor bumps, or ingrown hairs, then this is the product for you. Those products at the drugstore are a complete waste of time and money. Save yourself the aggregation and try this product first. This is also a great product for men who have problems with shaving! It isn't completely perfect but it is the best product that I have tried and definitely does a great job. This is the true hero of the Summer for me.

10. Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill

It's all about the brows these days so you are going to need a great product to achieve those coveted #browgoals! I love the look of a fuller brow and have tried several different brow products over the years. Brow gels are too overpowering for me personally, so I prefer pencils. Benefit stopped making the pencil I used to use so I decided to give their new one a try and it is great! It is better than the pencil I previously used. The colors are not too dark so even if you over apply a little, you will not look awful. This is one of those products that lasts for a long time so you definitely get your money's worth. The name really is true, this is a "good proof" brow pencil that is hard for you to mess up!

11. Tarte Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen

This has been the most influential makeup product I have purchased to date. I tried this as a sample six months ago and fell in love. I do not like to use foundation because it does not work well with my dry skin and it always shows my pores. I have tried BB creams without success as well. I had just about given up on finding a face makeup product to even out my skin tone until I discovered this. This tinted moisturizer works wonders for me. It is a new product and comes in a limited number of shades but the lightest shade works for me (and makes me look less pale). At first glance when I apply it, I do not see a big difference but once I finish applying my makeup, it is like night and day. This helps hide my redness and allows me to use less concealer than I used to. I was very surprised when I started getting compliments on my makeup once I started using this product. I had changed nothing about my makeup routine except for adding this product and a new lipstick. This product is on the expensive side but it is worth every penny to me because it has transformed my makeup routine completely. My skin is also less dry from using this product and wearing a SPF everyday is great for my skin. If you are frustrated with foundations and BB creams, do not give up yet. I finally found a product that works for me and this could definitely work for you too!

12. Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick

This is my favorite lipstick of all time. I truly believe that this is the best lipstick available right now. I tried this as a sample six months ago and have purchased two full-sized versions since. Many lipsticks say that they will stay on all day but few actually do. This is one of those rare lipsticks that really does stay on all day through eating, drinking, and anything else you can think of. It is highly pigmented and comes in tons of stunning shades. The one pictured above is "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 216 - baked rose." I use this for going out and for special occasions. My everyday shade is "Infamous 228 - soft peony." Using that shade on an everyday basis has helped transformed my makeup routine. It just takes my makeup look to a new level. These lipsticks are a splurge but if you are looking for a reliable, long-lasting lipstick, then you will love this product. They are worth the money and last for a long time. You will not have buyer's remorse with these fabulous lipsticks.

13. Benefit The POREfessional Face Primer

Last but not least, this primer is a lifesaver. Whenever you are getting your picture taken, going out for a special occasion, need your makeup to stay on for a long time, or are just having a fun night out, this is the perfect primer. It blurs your imperfections and makes your makeup stay on longer. You can see a visible difference in photos. Your skin just looks so much smoother and even. This is the perfect makeup base that hides your pores so that you can look and feel your best.