The Christmas season leads right into New Years - a time when we leave behind the past year and look forward to the next one. We make resolutions that are either unattainable or just plain unrealistic. Inevitably at the end of the next year, we will be beating ourselves up for not staying in our resolve. Instead of continuing this cycle, here are 12 new years resolutions that you can actually accomplish.

1. Be More Kind

This can show up in the smallest of acts.

2. Choose Joy

Happiness may be a reaction to good things, but joy is an attitude and perspective you choose.

3. Invest In Relationships

It looks like reaching out to friends, doing your brother's dishes, or asking others how their day went and actually meaning it.

4. Love Yourself

This is different for each person. For me, it is looking at myself in the mirror and approving of what I see.

5. Love Others

Put others' needs and lives before your own.

6. Be More Comfortable In Your Own Skin

And find yourself some friends who make you feel like this

7. Take Better Care Of Yourself

No, I'm not saying try the latest dieting craze. Eat in moderation, exercise if it makes you feel better, try to get enough sleep each night.

8. Read X Number Of Books

If you're anything like me, you have a bunch of books on your shelf that you haven't read. Now is the time!

9. Go To More Concerts

If that's what you're into - I already have tickets to this tour!

10. Check Off Items On Your Bucket List

What is the point of making a bucket list if you don't check anything off?

11. Give More

Donate clothes you haven't worn in the past year or start setting aside money to give to charity.

12. Serve More

Find out if there are any non-profits looking for volunteers.

----

What do you think of these resolutions? What is your resolution going to be? Let me know in the comments below.