12 Doable Ways To Amp Up Your Halloween

12 Doable Ways To Amp Up Your Halloween

Help from a Halloween fanatic about decorations, food, and costumes!

64
12 Doable Ways To Amp Up Your Halloween
Julia Raasch

So, I am 100 percent obsessed with Halloween. I go all out as others do for Christmas. I celebrate Halloween as if it is going out of style. So, let me show you some of my choice of foods, decorations, and costume ideas.

Food Ideas

1. Finger Foods

This is simple, all you need are your regular hotdog items and a knife.

2. Cheese Jack-O-Lanterns

Another simple one where all you need is all your regular hamburger items and cheese with a knife.

3. Jalapeno Mummies

This is another simple Jalapeno Popper recipe, but instead of a bacon wrapping, you can use crescent rolls.

4. Halloween Edible Arrangement

I personally have given this gift last Halloween to a friend who organized a haunted trail. This is an awesome gift for anyone else who loves Halloween.

Decoration Ideas

1. Yard Monsters

These are simple enough to make. You just need cardboard, white and black fabric, scissors, and fabric glue.

2. String Mache Spider Webs

For this fun idea, you need string, glue, balloons and fake spiders.

3. Streamer Spiders

This is a simple streamer, balloon, and tape idea. One way I would amp up the eight eyes on this.

4. Ghost Balloons

So another fun idea is ghost balloons. All you need are balloons, a black marker, streamers, tape, and scissors.

Costumes

1. Scuba Divers for Kids

This a simple, quick costume for your munchkins. Just take some two-liter bottles and paint them. Add some tape, then on the kids add goggles and all black clothes.

2. Cupcake Cutie!

One super cute idea I saw at a sorority Halloween party! It's pink paper wrapped around a laundry basket that is held around your waist by a thick ribbon around your shoulders. Take cotton from the fabric isle you'd normally use for pillows and fluff it out, add some pom poms for sprinkles.

3. Lego Lady

I love Legos, I mean have you seen some of the awesome things that they make? Well, now you can be a lego person. It's easy: you have a cardboard box that mostly fits your body and you add plastic bowls. Paint it your favorite color and bam, you're an awesome Lego.

4. Ninja Turtle Family

So a little more about me is I love ninja turtles, and this is absolutely my favorite family costume that I want to help you make. So, first, wear black pants and green shirts. Then you each have a choice of the (inexpensive) streamers for the color of your ninja turtles. For a little more money, cut fabric. Now, the shell is made out of deep turkey aluminum pans painted green! Then each turtle has their own weapon of choice. Red (Raph:) two Sai's, Orange (Mikey): Nunchucks, Purple (Donnie): Staff, and Blue (Leo): Sword.

So, I really hope y'all have a spooky HALLOWEEN!