12 Things You Only Understand If You Grew Up Going To Church Camp
popular

"You had to be there."

51236
Ohio Youth Ministries//Facebook

If you grew up going to a church camp you can totally relate to these 12 things that no one else will understand:

1. Bandanas- Need I say more?

You had a bandana for every outfit of the week!

2. You probably dressed up in some pretty interesting outfits.

No matter what you wore (as long as it was dress code appropriate) it was accepted as normal.

3. Camp games were the best games!

You can always count on getting down and dirty. Camp brings the competitiveness out in everyone!

4. Everyone had a camp crush they will always remember!

Some even get lucky and find "the one!"

5. You made friends that will last a lifetime.

You meet people from all over and when you see each other the next year you can pick up right where you left off.

6. You master taking 5 minute or less showers!

You WILL get dirty and it's always a race to the showers.

7. You were a master at coming up with skits and chants for your team!

Having so much team spirit you would go home with no voice.

8. Every worship song seems to be 10 times better at camp!

Worship was your favorite part of the day!

9. You had a crush on someone in the band.

The band members are the camp celebrities all the girls have crushes on.

10. You always packed way more then you need.

But somehow you always end up going home with way less stuff than you brought.

11. You can try to tell someone about camp but no one else will understand.

All the "You had to be there..." moments are endless.

12. You start your countdown for camp next year the day you leave.

It's the highlight of the summer and it can't come soon enough.

If you've been to church camp you will never forget the memories and the friends you've made. It's something no one will understand which makes it that more special.