12 Things I Wish I'd Done As A Second Semester Senior, Looking Back

The bagels at college just don't compare.

1234
Ananya Jain

To all my second semester seniors in high school: this is your time to do whatever it is that you have wanted to do without having any regrets. The second semester of senior year is often the pinnacle of every high schooler's educational experience and for good reason — it's one of the last times in your life that you don't have an overwhelming amount of responsibility.

Although my second semester of senior year was full of adventure, there are some things I wish I had done had I been more outgoing.

1. Cut Class

I would not advise doing this if your attendance isn't in the best shape, but if you have nearly perfect attendance (like me), you should definitely consider skipping a couple of days with your friends and going out to do something you've never done before.

2. Spent More Time with my Parents

Once you get to college, you realize how valuable quality time with your parents really is. Even though you may be ready to be as far away from them as possible right now, it's important to maintain a strong and healthy relationship with them. After all, this is the last time in your life that you'll consecutively see them every single day.

3. Worked Out

Even if you're not the most athletic person out there, developing a good workout routine is imperative in college for maintaining good physical and mental health. By getting into the habit of working out right now, you'll be able to find the motivation to exercise while you're at college next fall.

4. Eaten More Bagels

No dining hall bagels will ever compare to the ones from your local bagel shops.

5. Kept a Close Relationship With My Teachers

For the most part, this will be the last time you will be able to see your high school teachers. Now is the chance to really get to know them, ask them for college and life advice and tell them how much you appreciate what they've done for you over the past four years.

6. Stopped Caring About College Rejection

The last of your college decisions will be rolling in around this time and while you may be upset over the last minute college rejections, in the long run, it won't matter if you didn't get in or not. Rather than focusing on the negativity of college rejection, look forward to what the future has in store for you.

7. Learned How to Cook

It's one of the most important skills a person can have!

8. Talked to People I Had Never Spoken To Before

Chances are, you'll never see the majority of your graduating class ever again, so reach out to the people you never associated with and learn more about them.

9. Read the Entire Harry Potter Series Again

You won't get the time to do this in college, so might as well do it now.

10. Wrote A Letter To My Future Self

Write down your hopes for the future and personal goals for yourself and see how much you have grown as an individual a couple of years from now.

11. Taken More Pictures

You can never have too many pictures with your friends from prom or your senior trip for your dorm room next year.

12. Embraced Every Last Second of High School

Even though you might hate it right now, at some point next fall, you will miss the simplicity of high school and all your friends back home. Live every moment to the fullest and never take these memories for granted.