12 Things To Do This Summer In CT

12 Things To Do This Summer In CT

Don't say you are bored this summer!

32
12 Things To Do This Summer In CT
Norwalk CT Select Homes

It's pretty common to hear a Connecticut local say "I am so bored; there's nothing to do here," especially in the summer. Though CT is small and can be boring at times, there's always something to do, especially in the summer time. Listed here is a summer bucket list of 12 things to do, made for all the locals of this state to try, even if you've done some of these before.

1. Mystic Aquarium

Most people in CT are familiar with this aquarium, but it really never gets old. Mystic is known to be the place where you can find marine life like seals, penguins and the infamous beluga whales. This aquarium is also well known for their rescues and releases into our waters.

2. Sleeping Giants Hiking Trails

Located in Hamden, these hiking trails are one of the most talked about. The crazy views you can see at the top of the mountain are breathtaking and most definitely worth the trip.

3. Norwalk Islands

If you or your friend has boat, this is a great option for you. The Norwalk Islands are always fun to visit to look for seashells and sea glass and Norwalk's marine life, such as horseshoe crabs, snails and hermit crabs.

4. PEZ Factory

A little treasure people don't seem to talk about. The PEZ factory is located in Orange, CT. You may visit the factory for a few dollars, see the production through windows into the factory and see how everything is made.

5. Hike with a Llama in Newtown

In Rowantown Farms, you can take a hike in McLaughlin Vineyard, located in Sandy Hook, with a llama. Sounds like something pretty strange, This therapeutic once-in-a-lifetime offer is open to a minimum of groups of two, so bring your friends.

6. Warren's House

If you've watched "The Conjuring" series, you know exactly who the Warren's are. Paranormal investigators who are extremely well-known around the country. Mrs. Warren still lives in her house in Monroe, and often holds tours in her home to see the haunted artifacts they brought back from every paranormal case.

7. Jordan's Furniture Store

When people hear this for the first time, they ask "Why a furniture store?" Inside this store, you can zip line 60 ft up in the air! For all thrill-seekers, this is perfect for you.

8. Reggid Mountain Cliff Jumping

In Berlin, CT, this hiking trail offers cliffs up to 90 ft on the water's edge. Many locals use these cliffs to jump into their lake. This is for all the thrill seekers.

9. Lake Compounce

Another thrill seeker is commonly known to a local, Lake Compunce. The amusement park is perfect for ride junkies and young children alike.

10. Beardsley Zoo

Perfect for children and adults, learning about all different animals is a perfect experience.

11. Sky Zone in Norwalk

Trampoline parks are not only fun, but a great work out. Bring a friend and jump until you can't jump anymore.

12. Fairfield County Beaches

Between Calf Pasture, Compo Beach and all the other beaches around here, you should definitely pay one a visit. It's a great way to enjoy the Long Island Sound and have fun in the sand.