12 Things To Learn From Blair Waldorf

12 Things To Learn From Blair Waldorf

Queen B always had the best life lessons.

514
12 Things To Learn From Blair Waldorf

On the Upper East Side, Blair Waldorf is an icon. She's what every girl aspires to be. She's beautiful, confident, and can handle any obstacle that life throws at her. Sure, she may just be a television character. But for me, she's a role model and theres a lot that can be learned from Queen B.

1. It's okay to be crazy sometimes.

Being "crazy" is often times looked at as a negative in todays society. But Blair understands that theres nothing wrong with being crazy. Sometimes its the only way to deal with people, especially when you're dealing with a Georgina Sparks. Now, I'm not suggesting that genuinely being psychotic is a good thing by any means. But crazy situations call for crazy measures, and theres nothing wrong with being crazy as long as you're owning it.

2. You never give up on the people you love.

I can't say that I've ever been traded for a hotel, or even that my "fairytale wedding" was ruined by Chuck Bass. Regardless, Blair's love and dedication to Chuck, through all the ups and the downs, proves that you can never give up on the people you love. Of course, things may get difficult and it may seem impossible for your relationship to work. But despite all the hardships, you can never give up on the ones you love.

3. Always know your own worth.

One of the greatest things about Blair Waldorf is that she knows she's Blair Waldorf. She knows how talented she is, and how lucky people are to be graced with her presence. Although this may come across as being a bit full of herself, I say theres nothing wrong with knowing your worth and being confident in who you are.

4. Don't take shit from anyone.

It didn't matter if it was Little J, Georgina Sparks, Jack Bass, or even her own friends: Blair took shit from no one. Too many times people get walked all over because they'd rather be considered "compliant" than "argumentative." But Blair understood. No one can mess with you unless you let them.

5. Tights are not pants. But leggings might be...

Since Blair was always the fashion icon on the Upper East Side, I'll take her advice on this one. I agree, tights are not pants. They never were. Tights were meant to go under dresses and skirts. However, if Queen B says leggings aren't pants, that's where I'll have to draw the line.

6. It's always okay to break down once in a while.

Everyone breaks at some point... even Blair Waldorf. For some reason, people don't like to admit when they're feeling broken. Its as if by admitting you're hurt, you'll lose your status as being strong. But if Blair Waldorf can realize that the world is a little too much some times, than so can I. And there's nothing wrong with breaking down every once in a while.

7. There's nothing that can't be solved by a shopping spree

However, breakdowns can't last forever. At some point you have to pick yourself up and feel better again. I don't know if it's spending money that feels so good, or if it's the new pair of shoes that you get to bring home with you, but shopping sprees can cure almost any problem. This is proven science, I swear.

8. Stay classy, even if you're pissed off.

I'll be honest... I curse far too often. I swear at slow drivers. I swear when I stub a toe. I swear when I burn myself on my straightener. With all of the curse-worthy moments in Blair's life, it amazes me that she manages to stay so classy and rarely let a curse word slip. Someday, I hope that I'll learn this ability as well.

9. You never need to act on your emotions.

I'm impulsive, and more times than not, that will get me into trouble. Blair understands emotions though, and understands that you're never required to act on impulse emotions. With enough willpower, you can overcome your emotions and potentially avoid saying or doing something you'll regret later on.

10. No matter how rough it gets, it could always be worse.

With as many negative situations that Blair was put in, you'd think she'd be more negative herself. Her best friend stole her boyfriend, she was traded for a hotel, she lost a baby, her royal marriage got destroyed, and yet, she remained positive throughout it all. A little bitter at times maybe, but always positive. No matter what situation she was put in, it always could have been worse than it was, and that's a motto for everyone to live by.

11. Be dedicated to your own success.

There's nothing I appreciate more than someone who know's what they want and won't stop at anything until they get it. Sometimes Queen B has to be a little manipulative in order to get to her success, but no matter what, she never lets anyone or anything hold her back from what she wants. Her dedication to herself and her priorities is something everyone should have.

12. And if people don't love you, that's okay.

Often times, people worry too much about appealing to others. They focus too much on making other people love them, and usually for the wrong reasons. If someone doesn't want to love you though, than I guess making them fear you is the next best thing. Either way, you'll be all they can think about.