Tech week: one of the hardest weeks you'll go through. I mean, why else do you think they refer to it as hell week? It may be one of the hardest weeks you'll go through, but I promise it's worth it in the end. But tech week is something us music kids can all understand. Here are 12 things that every person who has gone through tech week can relate to.
1. The whole cast and crew freaking out over the littlest things
Tech week is very crucial and everything needs to practically be perfect so when something isn't it's like the world is crashing down.
2. Never sleeping
Be prepared for little to no time to sleep.
3. Not being able to eat while in your costume for your 6 plus hour rehearsals
The hunger is real.
4. Being afraid of getting sick after one person gets sick
When one person gets sick, it risks every person getting sick.
5. Long nights
Having long rehearsals is bad, but having to come home to mounds of homework and tests to study for calls for longer nights than you'd rather have.
6. Skin breakout
After all of that stage makeup, this is bound to happen.
7. Drinking lots of tea and being on vocal rest
Keeping your voice healthy is a key factor when you're in a show. So when you're constantly drinking tea and not talking, people may give you strange looks, but your voice will be better off.
8. Emotional breakdowns
Eventually everything will get to you and you'll just breakdown maybe once...or twice.
9. Pestering every person you know to come see your show
Because if you're going to do all of this work why wouldn't you want people to come see it? Having a packed house is one of the best feelings.
10. Tech week is your excuse for everything.
But it really is a good excuse. It won't work for everything but hey tech week is no walk in the park.
11. The feeling of wanting it all to be over with
After having rehearsals everyday and doing the same thing over and over, you're just ready for it to be done.
12. But in reality you're actually really upset when its over.
When it all comes to an end, you look back at it all and realize how much you've loved it and don't want it to be over.
Tech week is one of the hardest weeks you'll go through and you always dread it. But at the end of the day, you know you love it.