12 Things You Need to Survive Finals

12 Things You Need to Survive Finals

You Got This
59

Ok. So it's finals seasons. You just got off Thanksgiving break and for some reason, all of your professors thought you'd enjoy a distraction from your family and gave you assignments you haven't finished. Your deadlines and exam dates are looming ever nearer. Let's face it, you're freaking out. The first step is to take a deep breath. I've got you covered. Here's a list of what you need to survive finals.

1. Schedule.

Even if you're a person who doesn't use a planner at school you should write out your final's schedule. Obviously, this will help you because now you'll know when they are and won't miss them. But also you'll be better at time management. You'll know how much time you have to study for what.

2. Study groups.

If you know anyone else in the class ask if they want to study together. Even if you don't know anybody in the class still ask. Somebody else in the class is bound to want to study in a group too.

3. Coffee.

Trust me. You'll need the energy.

4. Snacks.

While you've got yourself buried in your work it'll be good to not have to stop when you're on a roll to get food because you are hungry.

5. Comfy clothes.

Make things easier for yourself. You're stressed and probably tired, why not be comfortable too?

6. A great study playlist.

Get your head in the game!

7. Sleep.

As much as you'll want to pull an all-nighter and keep studying for your exam or writing your paper sleep is important. Your memory WILL suffer if you don't. Your writing WILL suffer if you don't. Sleep.

8. Breakfast.

Even if you're not a person who eats breakfast every morning having the energy and food in your stomach will help. If your final is early in the morning grab a pop-tart or something from a vending machine and eat it on your way.

9. The do not disturb setting on your phone.

Just let everyone know that you're studying for finals and I'm sure they'll understand and probably won't be mad that you're not texting back.

10. A quiet place to study.

Whether you're in a group or it's just you trying to focus in a noisy or busy room is going to be difficult. Find a quiet place on campus and you'll be able to focus much better.

11. Go to class and ask questions.

I know it's the end of the semester and you might be losing steam and motivation but don't. I know it's cold outside. I know you're tired. I know your bed's really comfortable. But you've worked so hard. You owe it to yourself to finish strong. I recommend not giving yourself an inch of wiggle room. Go. To Class. Make sure to ask the professor questions, it shows them you're paying attention, that you want to learn, that you're interested and that you want to do well.

15. Relax.

Do whatever you have to relax. Whether that's taking a nap or working out or reading something that's not school work or calling a friend. Take a deep breath. Make a list of things you have to do and check them off one at a time. Don't look at everything as one big thing you have to do. That can be really scary and panicking won't help you get anything done any faster.

You got this! You've made it this far. You're in the home stretch. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. You're so close. And then you'll get to enjoy the holidays, see your friends and family, eat good food, and sleep in.

Good luck!