12 Signs You're Hopelessly Addicted To Dunkin' Donuts

You probably feel like you are cheating on Dunkin' when you get coffee elsewhere.

59
Huffington Post

Dunkin' Donuts is a haven for coffee addicts across New England. There is always one nearby and you probably pass at least two of them whenever you go anywhere. Dunkin' is simply part of your routine and it always will be. Do you think you are a true Dunkin' addict? If you exhibit some (or all) of these signs, then congratulations, you are addicted to Dunkin' just like the rest of us Dunkin' fanatics!

1. Your favorite gift for any occasion is a Dunkin' gift card.

Oh, it's your birthday? You want a Dunkin' card. The holiday season is here? You are hoping Santa stuffs your stocking with Dunkin' gift cards. If any other reason for gift giving arises (Mother's Day, a general thank you, Valentine's Day, and etc.), then you are hoping that someone else will fuel your Dunkin' obsession for a few days via the amazing Dunkin' Donuts gift cards. A gift card to anywhere else will only make you wish it was a Dunkin' card instead. Of course, you also give Dunkin' gift cards to everyone you know as gifts too.

2. You are a master of Dunkin's rewards program: "DD Perks."

"DD Perks" is your absolute best friend. You have a running total of at least five free beverages at any given time because you go to Dunkin' so much and take advantage of every special offer to earn extra rewards points. Approximately every month, the "DD Perks" app unveils special promotions for that month. These promotions give you bonus rewards points, discounted beverages, and various incentives for using on-the-go ordering. $1.99 for any medium beverage when you use on-the-go ordering? Count me in. Double rewards points in the afternoons? I will be there. Of course, the best part of the "DD Perks" program is earning free beverages once you reach 200 points and every time your earn one, you are ecstatic. Being able to load money onto your Dunkin' card via your phone and pay at Dunkin' with your phone is also a really convenient aspect of "DD Perks." The Dunkin' Donuts app also makes is extremely easy to manage your card balance and rewards.

3. You own a lot of Dunkin' merchandise.

Reusable drink holders, Christmas ornaments, coffee mugs, t-shirts, and any other goodies Dunkin' makes, you probably own. You always have your cute drink holder around your coffee to keep it nice and cool. You also have coffee mugs with the name of your state on them from Dunkin' and your Christmas tree is not complete without a few adorable Dunkin' Donuts ornaments. Of course, every Dunkin' fanatic has the legendary "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks" shirt as well.

4. You have a favorite Dunkin' Donuts store.

You know the one. That Dunkin' that always makes your coffee exactly how you like it. This location is just better than all the others because they make the best coffee. When you cannot go to your favorite Dunkin' for some reason, it is a sad day.

5. You also have a certain Dunkin' Donuts store that you dislike more than all the others.

You would never speak negatively about Dunkin' Donuts but there is that particular store that you prefer not to go to. They just do not make your coffee the way you want, they are always out of your favorite bagel or donut, and their prices are a little higher too. You know which Dunkin' locations to avoid and which ones are the best. Luckily, there are so many Dunkin' Donuts stores around that a great one is always nearby.

6. The employees know you and your order.

When you go to the same Dunkin' Donuts everyday around the same time, the employees usually remember you. You may even see the same employee every time you visit Dunkin' for your fix. You are not at all ashamed though because you are not the only frequent customer that the employees deal with all the time. As a result, your order is always right and you have a good experience every time you go to Dunkin'.

7. When you go somewhere you have never been to before, you immediately search for the nearest Dunkin' Donuts location.

Clearly, you are never leaving the east coast. Whenever you are in a new state or even a city you have never visited before, you hope that a Dunkin' is nearby. Otherwise, you will not be a happy camper.

8. You probably dislike Starbucks and rarely go there.

The Dunkin' Donuts versus Starbucks battle is very real. However, Dunkin' fans know which one is best. Dunkin' has much better prices, superior coffee, a better rewards program, is quicker, and is more no-nonsense than Starbucks. Starbucks has nothing on Dunkin'. You probably only visit Starbucks if you are with other people or are completely desperate. Dunkin' is just better than Starbucks in every way.

9. When you cannot get your Dunkin', it is a bad day.

It is a sad day when you cannot get your coffee because the snow is too heavy, you just cannot get to Dunkin' for some reason, Dunkin' is closed for a major holiday, etc. A day without Dunkin' is just awful and you prefer not to think about those tragic times.

10. You like Dunkin's at home products a lot.

Although nothing compares to fresh coffee from an actual Dunkin' Donuts location, the at home products that Dunkin' sells are really good. The ground coffees, creamers, K-Cups, and ready-to-drink iced coffees are all excellent. On those days when you cannot get to Dunkin', having these products on hand is great.

11. You feel like you are cheating on Dunkin' when you get coffee elsewhere.

When your friends want to go out for coffee, you always say yes because you love coffee. When you do not go to Dunkin' though, you feel bad because if it were only up to you, you would not even consider getting coffee anywhere else. Of course, no other place has better coffee than Dunkin' but you make the sacrifice in order to spend time with your friends (even though you feel guilty for cheating on the love of your life: Dunkin' Donuts).

12. You look forward to Dunkin's seasonal flavors every year.

Needless to say, October is your favorite month at Dunkin' Donuts because of pumpkin spice lattes, iced coffees, and donuts. It really is a magical time of year where you refuse to consume coffee that is not pumpkin or apple flavored.