12 Reasons Why Having Older Sisters Is The Best

"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you."

14
Sarah Chojnacki

1. They will always be your friend.

Sisters are there to hear all of your gossip and pointless drama and they won't judge you, no matter how ridiculous it might sound. Sisters will also be there for you no matter what because they care about you.

2. They will always be cheering for you.

Whether it is something as simple as passing a test or becoming class president, sisters will be there to support you in anything you do.

3. They will always give you something to laugh about.

All of those embarrassing stories your sisters have of you that always seem to come up in every conversation might make you feel embarrassed at first, but you will eventually end up laughing too.

4. They offer you the best advice.

Older sisters have experienced many different situations in their lives and because of this, they can offer you the advice that they wish they would have gotten when they went through those situations.

5. They will always make the time you spend with them interesting.

Whether you fight the entire time or genuinely have fun, you can always look back at those memories with your sisters and realize that you wouldn't change them for the world.

6. They are the best teachers.

Older sisters can teach you so many different things about life. They are there to show you what to do and they are there to help guide you through life. My sisters taught me so many important life life lessons, but they also taught me simple things like how to do my hair and makeup, and today, that is one of my most favorite things to do.

7. They also teach you what not to do.

Sisters are human and they are trying to figure out their lives too, which means that they are going to make some mistakes. A huge part of life is learning from your mistakes, so when your sisters make mistakes, you get to learn from them and hope to not repeat those mistakes.

8. They let you borrow things sometimes.

If your sisters don't like that you borrow their clothes or anything else for that matter, they will eventually get over it and let you borrow those things because they know that if they let you borrow something now, you will let them borrow something of yours later.

9. They always give you a shoulder to cry on.

I know that this is said a lot, but it really is true. If you are feeling upset and just want to cry or mope around, you better believe that your sisters will be there to hug and support you through it all.

10. They are always honest.

Because they are a part of the family, your sisters are always looking out for you. That means that they will always be honest with you, even if you don't want to hear it. But that's okay, because they only want what's best for you.

11. They understand you more than anyone else.

You have been through so much with your sisters that they might know you better than you know yourself. Sisters know what you like and dislike, and they know how to make you happy. There isn't anything that you could do that would surprise them because they know you so well.

12. They will love you unconditionally.

No matter how many fights you have with your sisters or how many stupid decisions you have made, your sisters will always support and love you, and not just because they have to, but because they want to.