12 Reasons To Thank Your Friends

12 Reasons To Thank Your Friends

We don't appreciate our friends enough so here are 12 reasons to thank them.

10
12 Reasons To Thank Your Friends

Something that plagues this generation is this constant rollercoaster of stress in our lives. We have these moments when we experience something as big as a death, break up, suicidal thoughts, or even drug addictions. These moments can also happen or small things like too much work to do, inorganization, or simply not eating. We may not think to go to them but they are the times when friends are most valuable. We are often ashamed of our problems or think our own problems are not important enough that we shouldn’t tell anyone what’s wrong. We all think we’re strong people and that it’s a sign of weakness to cry or lose basic functioning for a moment. We push ourselves beyond the breaking point and it’s not healthy but we’re all guilty of it and sometimes we just need a breather.

Friends exist beyond the scope of problems. They are present when you want to just hang out and play video games or go shopping. They’re the person you drag to study rooms at 2AM to do homework with. Friends are some of the most important people in our lives and we take them for granted sometimes.

Here are a Dozen Reasons to thank your friends for dealing with you

They listen to you

My friends always listen to me even if I do talk too much or if I say some of the weirdest things to them. One night I was with my roommate and I couldn’t sleep and I was asking Siri to beatbox for me. Another night she was by my side when I couldn’t handle life and she brought me water and calmed me down with really bad jokes and memes.

They call you out on your B.S.

I have these so-called great ideas that I think they are the absolute best, but they turn out to be horrible. My friends are the ones that just stare at me and say no.

They are the emotional support you need

My college tour choir stays at homestays for some of our tours. This year we went to Florida and one night I stayed with this 80-year old woman that was widowed twice. She told me this story of how her close choir friends planned a vacation on a cruise, but her husband died a few months before they went on the trip. She no longer wanted to go on the trip because she thought in a few months she would still feel horrible and not enjoy the trip. Her friends forced her to go on the trip and she said it was the best experience of her life and she really needed that after such a trauma.

They help you slow down

I have this problem of saying yes to everything. I just want to be involved in everything and that’s how I live my life. My friends are always there to say no for me. I go to them and say I’m interested in doing this and they look at me and say no because you are doing everything else. They help me take the breaks I need and just let me relax. Life doesn’t revolve around homework and clubs.

They will always put you ahead of their own problems

No matter what is going on in my friends lives they always care about me. One of my close friends will be in the hospital and she will drop everything if she knew I had a problem. I know for a fact that she wouldn’t think twice about helping me.

They know exactly what’s wrong

I have two friends back home that can take one look at me and know if there is something bothering me. Sometimes I can be texting them and they realize there’s a problem and within 10 minutes they are at my house ready to take me to Panera.

They know exactly how to fix what’s wrong

Like the previous one, they know a bread bowl of soup is the best cure for all stress

They guide you where you need to go

No one knows what they are doing with their lives but your friends know who you are. Sometimes your friends know where to steer you and they put you in the right place at the right time to let you live your life.

They push you beyond your limit

Your friends know how to make you excel. They want to push you to do great things and achieve something special. They know that you can achieve great things. I remember talking to some of my boyfriend’s friends and they said that he has the potential to save the world one day. I know they truly meant it and those are the friends everyone deserves.

They’re a second closet/ library

The best friends are the ones with the best books and the best shoes.

They know when you truly are passionate about something

True friends are the friends that see the glint in your eyes when you see something you like or a topic is brought up. They notice how much you’re trying to hold back talking about it and they let you go on a tangent because they care about you.

They respect your decisions

I wanted to get a tattoo as a spur of the moment decision and my friends were all for it. They said I could get whatever I wanted and they went with me and they brought me to a good tattoo shop.