12 Reasons College Students Aren't That Different From Senior Citizens

Because it's always naptime, if you believe.

7
Kiersten Freedman

It's funny to think that the two generations with, seemingly, the least in common could be so similar, yet here I am putting on my pajamas at 8:00 p.m. and calling it quits for the night.

1. You're forced to live with a bunch of strangers.

Whether it's in a dorm or a nursing home, you spend a good amount of time trying to remember who the people are that live on your floor.

2. You have loads of free time.

It's funny how much time kids and a full-time job take up.

3. You nap frequently.

Doing nothing is tiring, OK?

4. You think baking is fun.

Somewhere in between college and retirement, the pleasure of baking is lost and cooking, in general, becomes a chore.

5. You have a fixed income.

Budgeting is key, and no one knows this better than seniors and college students.

6. You survive on a mostly liquid diet.

Hopefully you still have your teeth, you need something to bite down on the limes!

7. You drive an old car.

And you rock it, don't you?

8. You take up new hobbies.

Group water aerobics, anyone?

9. You shout obscene things.

Maybe it's "get off my lawn" or maybe it's "ayyee yo baby girl", but you know you do it.

10. You think about wanting to do things and then give up and stay in.

Sometimes the magnetic pull to your bed is stronger than the magnetic pull of the movie theater.

11. You love oversized sweaters.

The worst part of adulthood is probably fitted clothing.

12. You eat less than exceptional food.

Dining halls and soft food suited for dentures, yum.

You could be 91 or 19, but at the end of the day, we're not all that different. Keep on keeping on and do what you makes you happy, but make sure it fits in with your scheduled naps.