12 Life Lessons I've Learned From 'The Office'

"Be strong, trust yourself, love yourself, conquer your fears."
113

Whether you've watched "The Office" ten times over, or have just finished your first time around (like me), you know that this show is truly one of the greatest. From the laughter at Jim, Dwight and Michael's crazy antics, to the tears of joy at Jim and Pam's or Dwight and Angela's weddings, the emotions that you feel watching this show make you fall in love with every character, even Toby. I especially love this show because of that fact that it isn't just a comedy -- it teaches some very important life lessons. Here are just a few that I found significant.

1. Good things come to those who wait

2. Don’t settle for what’s not meant to be

Each of these people went through multiple relationships that were forced and entirely wrong for them, and they were so much happier when they finally ended up with their soulmate.

3. Sometimes, you’ll have to deal with jerks that don't realize how annoying they are

4. But you might figure out that they’re not so bad after all

5. Live in the now

6. Changes can be scary, but they’re often for the best

Pam is one of the best, most relatable characters in TV history.

7. It’s okay to not always know what to do

8. Don’t let a fear of failure stop you from having an important experience

9. Find a way to have fun in whatever you do

10. True friends will help you through anything

When Angela was struggling t a single mother, Oscar took her and her son under his wing.

11. Enjoy the little things in life

I could go on forever about this show. How did I survive before this?! Even though there were a few tears shed, having these wonderful people in my life for the past couple months has been fantastic, and I can't wait to relive each of these moments for years to come. I know that this show and these characters will always be there for me, and if I'm ever feeling down, all I need to do is watch Jim say "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."