12 Good Excuses Not To Go Out Every College Girl Needs To Keep Handy
popular

It's the best time of year to ignore every plan people are trying to make with you

1747

1. Act like you're sick

If you just tell someone that you don't feel well- then game over. Always say it's your stomach or something, though, because if you tell your friends you have a headache, then they will just tell you to take some Advil and come out with them.

2. Say you already have other plans

Make it seem like you are way cooler than you really are. If they ask what your plans are, just say it's with a friend that they don't know and say something really cool that you're doing where they can't come along for whatever reason so you can still just sit around your house by yourself.

3. Just never open the message asking if you want to go out

If you tell the person that you never saw the message because you were so busy doing something else, then you can just say that there is no way that you can get ready in time and so you'd just rather not go.

4. You have work that you have to do

Everyone knows that you have to start thinking long-term at some point, so you really need to get your work done. This way people won't offer to help and when you say it is due the next day, then there is no way that you can actually go out.

5. Say that you're broke

No one likes admitting it, so if you tell them and act embarrassed then you won't have to go. If they offer to pay for you, then tell them that they are too generous- but there is no way that you are letting them do that for you and just leave it at that.

6. It's raining, snowing, sleeting, scorching, really any kind of weather

If it's raining, then it's no fun to go out. If it's scorching, then you'll just be sweating off your makeup with your first step out the door. If it's snowing, and your friends are trying to go out, then they are probably just crazy.

7. Putting on makeup is just the vain of your existence

It takes at least 20 minutes to get your makeup just right which is just not an activity that you are willing to do and you can't go out without it, but at the same time other people doing your makeup for you stresses you out so you just can't do it.

8. You just started baking something that will for sure take all night

It definitely won't actually take all night to cook, but you have to do quality control on the whole batch which will take you all night- and you would hate to leave your cookies sitting in the house all alone.

9. You have to take care of your dog

Animals always get top priority and are a great excuse because no one would ever tell you to abandon your dog in a time of need, and if they do, then you really shouldn't have them as a friend anyways.

10. You actually have nothing to wear

This is a little more difficult if you have stylish friends that are your size, but as for me, I am six feet tall and dress like a mom which is a valid reason not to go out in public.

11. You're afraid that you'll run into that guy you hooked up with last week and don't want it to be super awkward

Everyone knows that awkward encounters are such a good reason not to leave the house. That's usually the reason people don't leave their house half the time anyway.

12. Just say you don't want to go

This is the easiest way to get out of it. If you just say you don't want to then there really isn't a way that your friends can convince you to go no matter what. And if they start trying to convince you just ignore it! That's the beauty of read receipts in today's world!