12 Freshmen Momen​ts That You Don't Want To Relive

Everyone has a freshman year story they do not want to relive.

28

When you go through freshman year in high school you hope that you never have to relive it. But sure enough, four years later you’re back in the same spot. They say college is the best years of your life, but everything great has to start somewhere. You have to work your way up the ladder, and hopefully you have a friend who is an upperclassman who will help you avoid most of these moments. The key to freshman year is taking advantage of everything your school has to offer and never telling anyone you’re a freshman!

1. Did you have a nice trip?

Whether you are trying to sneak to the bathroom during class and face plant, trip over something, or fall going up the stairs to the dining hall, just remember to laugh it off and quickly recover. There are far worse things that could happen to you.

2. Dropping it Like it's Hot...Food

There is no greater feeling than getting a big bowl of Qudoba or a heaping plate of mashed potatoes after a long day of classes. Then, there is nothing worse than dropping that food you were so ready to dig into. And yes, everyone saw you.

3.First Day of Classes

Everyone dreads the first day of the new semester. When you get into class and get the perfect seat you are set for the semester, until you realize you are in the wrong class. What do you do next? Obviously since you are a freshman, you stay… for the whole class.

4. Lost and Confused

Probably one of the worst things is when you are in class or in a building and realize you have to go to the bathroom. You just have to make a choice. Do you wander around looking like a freshman to find the bathroom, or do you hold it possibly risking the fact that you might not make it to a bathroom. What do you do… ?

5. Hall Bathrooms

There is nothing weirder than taking a shower at the same time as someone else. Going to college and having to have a hall bathroom is way different than sharing a bathroom with your sister. Just the idea of a hall bathroom is awkward, and you will see things that you can not un see…

6. Laundry Time

One of the best and worst days is laundry day. How could you not be excited to haul your mound of dirty clothes all the way down to the basement to wash them while other people are also washing their clothes. Great. Until you are switching to a dryer or putting them into a washer and drop your underwear. Sure, I know it is not the worst thing, but it is still a moment you wish you could forget.

7. Loosing Your Life Source

The school ID. You need it for everything. Whether you are getting food, doing laundry or getting into your building. Without it you are doomed. You have not experienced freshman year if you have not lost your ID. Loosing it is like a right of passage. Having to get a new one made, calling campus police to see if anyone has turned it in, or retracing all of your steps for the day to find it.

8. Getting Sick

You want to know what is worse than a cold? Getting a cold when you are away at school without your mom. It sucks. You don’t have the money to buy medicine because you are a poor college kid and you still have to go to class. We all secretly, or not so secretly, want our mom or dad to tuck us in our beds and bug us to death. I would never want to redo the first time I got sick without my mom.

9. Terrible Textbooks

In high school they gave us our textbooks, but in college we are left to fend for ourselves. Two classic things happen in the textbook category. 1) You buy the textbooks weeks before classes start, and when you go to class your professor tells you that you do not need the textbook any more or 2) You buy the wrong textbook for class, and wait too long to return it so you do not get a refund. College is tough man, and figuring out textbook and when you need them is even tougher.

10. Class Can Be Amusi(c)ing

Professors can talk really fast. The solution to note taking in college is taking notes on your laptop. This can be a great alternative to taking notes in a notebook, until you open your laptop up and your rap music is blaring as high as can be. Tip: turn your music off before you close your laptop.

11. Holy Email

In college you will use email more than you ever have in your whole life. Apparently real adults email all the time- who knew. If you don’t check your email you will get yourself in some unfortunate moments. One of the best things that can happen to you is when a professor cancels class. One of the worst things that can happen to you is when your professor cancels class and you still go, because you did not check your email. Check your email kids, it will save you from waking up way before you need to.

12. What's Your Major?

Yes, we all know this question and have heard it. We want to just say what we plan on majoring in but we do not want to make a commitment, what if we change it?We also do not want to say that you are undecided because who wants to admit that. So as freshmen we are a little bit caught in the middle.