12 Artists You Should Keep On A Loop This Summer

Because some music is best consumed when the weather is hot.

51
tumblr

Picture this: You're driving around with your best friends, windows wide open, you're laughing and dancing, carefree and heading to your perfect summer destination.

That scenario seems pretty weird without any music blaring, right? Music is a quintessential part of summer fun, and there are just some artists that you can't listen to in the summer. But luckily for us, there are many artists that are the epitome of easy days and wild nights.

1. The Avett Brothers

The Avett Brothers are a band of four and sometimes more that combine beautiful string instruments, hard kick drums and a complex bass that just make you wanna dance. They should just rename their genre as "summer sounds" because this band blends their folky southern roots with rock n' roll to make music perfect for your long roadtrips or beach days.

Recommended record: Their new album True Sadness will be released on June 24th! In the meantime, keep their latest single "Ain't No Man" on repeat.

2. The Decemberists

The Decemberists are great for when you want to sit on the beach, listen to music, look out into the ocean and have an existential meltdown. Their indie folk sound is best consumed at night, on those easy nights with a cold beer in hand, when you can just take it all in.

Recommended record: The Crane Wife

3. Beirut

Beirut's music is so unique, combining ukuleles, horns, pianos, string instruments, and more. Their singer Zach Condon voice is what I want to hear whenever I watch a sun rise.

4. Valencia

Philadelphia's own Valencia are the upbeat and fun band that you and your friends will drunkenly sing along to on your camping trip. Pop punk will always be for the summer.

Recommended record: All three of their records. Seriously. They are the greatest band in the world.

5. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats are country for those who won't admit that country music is great. You'd be lying if you said that you don't get amped every time you hear "S.O.B." Nathaniel Rateliff is a punk turned folk singer, so in this new band he partners his very best talents from both genres. Their songs are deep, thought-provoking, but still fun. And well, that's what summer is all about.

Recommended record: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

6. Best Coast

Of course this band is on here, because come on, they're called Best Coast! This west coast duo might be the official band of summer. They should be sponsored by every beer company, every sunscreen brand, and every boardwalk ice cream joint. They are definitely made for the days where you go from beach to a night out without a shower. Bliss.

Recommended record: California Nights

7. Jason Isbell

Again, he is country for people who won't admit that country rules. Jason Isbell is meant for the lazy summer days where you don't get out of bed. Just lay in the air conditioning and ponder life with him and try not to cry.

Recommended record: Southeastern

8. Weezer

Weezer is a summer band. I mean, the Green album is practically made for the summer. They are just so much fun to listen to.

Recommended record: Green or Blue, you really can't go wrong with either.

9. Sam Cooke

Sam Cooke is perfect to have on just all day long. Cooke's music is so easy and dream-like. He is best listened to during a family barbecue, where you can score brownie points with your grandpop.

Recommended record: The Best of Sam Cooke

10. Everclear

The 90's are always for summer. Everclear are great for long drives and long walks alike where you can just daydream of living like they do in "Santa Monica." The nostalgia and west coast vibes combine to make fun hot weather sounds.

Recommended record: Sparkle and Fade

11. Hop Along

Hop Along, from Philadelphia, implore pop punk with folk and rock sounds to make the light and chill music perfect for a bike ride. Singer Frances Quinlan voice is magical and just what you want to accompany you through the summer months.

Recommended record: Painted Shut

12. FIDLAR

FIDLAR is a punk band from California. Their amped up sound is fun, but many of their lyrics are dark and provocative. They're for those late nights that turn to early mornings.

Recommended record: Too