11 Ways 'Grey's Anatomy' Changed Who You Are

You can totally be a surgeon after the 12th season.

582

It doesn’t matter what anyone says. They will say “you have a problem” or “you aren’t a doctor…” But they don’t know. They have no idea what it means to have a person or to work 48 hours shifts as an intern or the constant tears from losing patients. OK let’s be honest, you didn’t really experience those things either but "Grey’s Anatomy" tricks your mind in making you think that you did (Shonda strikes again!!!). And although you didn’t really work there, you realize how much 12 incredible, heart-breaking, and emotion-filled seasons can actually change who you are.

1. Every time your friend starts coughing, you automatically scream rub your fists together and scream, “Push one of EPI!!! Charge the paddles to 200!!! Clear!!!”

2. When your roommate is sick, you are the first person to try to diagnose them.

3. When you see a new cute boy, you try to think of a nick name like McDreamy or McSteamy to give him but of course neither of those names because no boy is dreamy like Derek Sheppard or Steamy like Mark Sloan.

4. You don’t call it being in a bad mood, you say you’re “feeling the dark and twistys”.

5. Dancing it out is 100 percent a thing you do when you need to cheer up or you had a long day.

6. You depend on Bailey's advice like she's your second mom.

7. You refer to your best friend as “your person” and you realize how much it totally fits them.

8. When your friend has a bad day, you suggest tequila. Always, always tequila.

9. You quote Meredith Grey or Cristina Yang more times than your friends and family would like to hear.

10. Every time you step on to an elevator, you imagine something exciting or romantic to happen to you like someone proposing with brain scans or someone throwing you against the wall and kissing you.

11. And lastly, you referring to the characters as if they are your real life friends.

So you make sure to tell your friends or whoever it is that tells you that you watch too much "Grey’s Anatomy," that forever wouldn’t be long enough. And that you’ve practically been to medical school and basically know how to save someone’s life so they should just be quiet because the next time they slip on the steps or start choking on their food, it’ll be you who knows how to crack their chest and (possibly) save their life.