11 Throwback Songs To Liven Up Any Party

Bring the songs of decades past into the parties of today!

551
wallpaperbeta.com

Everyone loves a fantastic playlist. As the school year moves into full swing, you've probably already gotten a little sick of hearing the same five songs at every party you attend. There's nothing inherently wrong with playing only current Top 40 hits at a party, but I've noticed that partygoers tend to get the most excited when they hear a great song that reminds them of their youth, or a time long before their youth.

There are obviously hundreds of fantastic throwback songs to play at parties, but here are 11 of the songs that I've observed are the best ways to inject some life into a stale party.

1. Stayin' Alive- The Bee Gees

Who doesn't enjoy dancing to this song? Anyone who says they don't, lied. Disco is not dead.

2. All Star- Smash Mouth

It's not just that song from Shrek. It's so much more. This song will never not be certifiably phenomenal on all levels.

3. Thriller- Michael Jackson

It is scientifically impossible to continue sitting down when this song starts playing. I dare you.

4. Let's Get It Started- The Black Eyed Peas

Once everyone starts runnin, runnin, and runnin, runnin, you'll be up having a grand old time jamming to a song that was everywhere when you were six. Ah, first grade hits...

5. It's Tricky- Run DMC

Old-school hip hop is often a good bet to get everyone at the party pumped up for a good time, and this classic track is no exception.

6. Give It Away- Red Hot Chili Peppers

This song is tons of fun to sing along to, and by sing along I mean, "shout the words you know in your friend's face." Either way, it's a fantastic addition to any party playlist.

7. Come On Eileen- Dexys Midnight Runners

In my experience, whenever this song comes on at a party, people get really, really excited. It's definitely great, but add it to your playlist purely for the enjoyment of seeing people jumping up and down for the entire song.

8. Mr. Brightside- The Killers

This is another one of those songs that partygoers enjoy yelling all of the words to at the top of their lungs, just to prove that they know them. I respect that, very much.

9. Everybody- Backstreet Boys

If you put this song on at your next party, I guarantee that Backstreet will be back, all right. In my opinion, they never really left.

10. Crazy In Love- Beyonce

New school Beyonce is always a good option for a party playlist, but old school Beyonce is an entirely different can of worms. This song is infectious, fun, and always appreciated.

11. American Idiot- Green Day

Whenever this song comes on, people start headbanging. That's just the type of song it is, and why it's such a fun option to play at any party. If you feel like calling out to idiot America, the person next to you probably does as well.

Try sprinkling a few of these, or other throwback songs, into your next party playlist or suggestion box. If anyone complains, they are obviously not cool enough to partake in nostalgic group dancing.