11 Things To Expect At Family Gatherings, As Told By "Chrisley Knows Best"

Family gatherings are hard.
22

With summer fast approaching and Easter coming up this weekend, we know that family gatherings are on the way. If you are like me, you have a big, loud, crazy family that loves each other to the ends of the earth. Here are 11 things that happen at family gatherings.

1. You’ve accepted that all family gatherings are a disaster.

The disaster varies from someone getting hurt in a weird accident playing some obscure yard game, to tragically blowing a surprise for someone else, but it always happens. Any family gathering could not be complete without something going wrong. Accept it and move on.

2. Parents only say this to their kids.

Doesn’t matter if the five year old is asking for more ice cream, or if the teenagers are asking to go somewhere together, the answer will be no. If it does not involve staying at the family gathering and being the perfect angel that impresses Great Aunt Betty, the answer is no.

3. At least one Mom at the party responds this way.

And the answer is still no.

4. This is you at some point during a family gathering.

Sometimes you have to just breathe because that is all you can do. There are so many people around and so much is happening so you have to remind yourself to chill. All those questions people are asking you about post-college and post-high school plans might wear you down, but only a few more hours of this family gathering. You can make it. Namaste.

5. Speaking of those questions about post-high school or post-college plans… This is how people respond to those.

You mean you are not going to be a millionaire by age 23? You have to be kidding me.

6. This is how you interact with most of the family.

Y’all are too much for me right now.

7. More questions about post-high school and post-college plans.

Yes, Great Uncle Bob. I know that Jobs are important. I’m working on it.

8. There’s always that one little cousin...

Someone has to be the life of the party.

9. You have to pick a teammate.

Choose wisely. They will be your wing man to avoid more questions about what you’re doing with your life.

10. You keep being reminded just how crazy your family actually is.

We are all just a few nuts off the old family tree.

11. But at the end of the day, you all love each other.

My family may be crazy, but I love them. You only get one, so make the best of it.