11 Things To Do To Stay In Shape Besides Running

So, that new pole dancing exercise..

17

The wind in your hair, the smell of nature, and the soft thud of your feet on the ground...

More like the burn in your calves, the sweat dripping into your eyeballs, and cold air slicing through your lungs.

Running is not for everybody. No matter where you try to do it, it can become bland and tedious over time. Luckily, there are other ways to stay in shape besides running in a continuous circle.

1. Rock Climbing

Rock climbing is crazy cool, whether you do it on a fake rock wall or an actual mountain. Once you reach the top, your forearms and back will burn, but you will feel so satisfied.

2. Parkour

Go to your local park, watch some YouTube videos, and learn how to do vaults over picnic tables and diving rolls over fences. Overtime, you'll feel absolutely epic.

3. Zumba

You'll feel like a dancing queen/king and will be panting by the end of it. Zumba mixes cardio with dancing in a way that you won't even feel like you're working out because it will be so much fun. The awesome music during it will be a total plus.

4. Hiking

Totally different than running. You'll climb over boulders, cross streams, and eventually reach the top of the mountain. You'll look around and see he beautiful views.... and then need to sit for a bit because your legs will be on fire.

5. Stand-Up Paddle Boarding

Sure, from the distance it looks relaxing -- gliding on the ocean in your bathing suit on an nice, sunny day. Totally effortless, right? Ha. Stand-up paddle boarding will train your core like nothing else with all of the balance and steering.

6. Trapeze

You know when you go to the circus and you see people flipping in the air from one bar to the next? Yeah, well, there are classes for that and they're actually super fun and not terrifying (provided you're doing it with someone trained). You'll get a serious core workout controlling your body in midair and on the bars.

7. Dog Walking

You think I'm joking? Try walking 135 lb. Great Dane in the hot sun. He's way stronger than you and constantly pulling you, but you need to hold him back and control him. By the end of the walk, you'll be the one who's tired.

8. Ballroom Dancing

Maybe you got inspired by watching 'Dancing With The Stars.' Well, it is no wonder they are in such good shape. Ballroom dancing isn't just slow dances -- you've got waltz, foxtrot, rumba, cha cha, swing, etc. By the time an hour is up, your heart will be beating fast, your calves and arms will be aching, and your abs will be sore from your excellent posture.

9. Hot Yoga

Yoga is one of the most popular workouts in the world, designed to bring you zen while stretching and strengthening your muscles. Hot yoga is one for the books. Yes, you'll sweat buckets. Yes, you'll be sore for days. However, your mind will also be opened and, for some reason, you'll enjoy this experience.

10. Pole Dancing

This one has been up-and-coming in recent years -- poles are no longer just for strippers. You will get a taste, however, as to how a stripper gets such a toned body. You'll twist and turn around and up and down the pole, absolutely killing your core in the process (in a good way). Plus, you'll feel so sexy.

11. Aerial Yoga

Even if you aren't a fan of traditional yoga, this may be up your alley. In this class, you'll do some of the typical yoga poses, but with a catch -- you'll be in the air using the yoga hammock for support. So, you'll get all of the benefits of yoga plus get to feel like you're flying.