11 Things Girls Do To Kill Their Relationship

1. Complain about your boyfriend liking another girl's picture

I get that jealousy and trust issues are a thing, but let’s be real-he’s with you for a reason. Really, a like is not that deep. Think about how many times you scroll through Instagram and blindly like someone’s picture. Also, you’d probably laugh if your guy complained to you about it. There is nothing more attractive confidence. Love yourself, girl.

2. Get mad at him for hanging out with his friends

Okay, I’m not talking about when he makes plans with you then ditches you for his friends. That’s mean. I’m talking about when you get mad that he chooses to go out with his friends on a Saturday night instead of you. Chill. Here’s an idea-go out with the girls. You have the rest of your life to be with a boy just like he has the rest of his life to be with a girl. Have fun with your friends while you have the chance! Separation is also healthy for relationships. You don’t need to be together 24/7.

3. Texting/Calling him multiple times in a row

If you’re dying, sure, call him. But also, if you’re dying, I’d hope that you’d call 911 first. Just because he is not responding right away does not mean that he forgot about you or doesn’t care. He’s just busy. The last thing a guy wants is to have his girlfriend blowing his phone up while he is trying to have fun or get something done. Also, it really makes you feel crazy, too. Just go do something to make you busy. He will reply when he can.

4. Tweeting about your problems

There is nothing worse for a relationship than social media. Tweeting about your problems just lets other people in on what is going on. Just talk about the problem honestly and in person.

5. Comparing your relationship to others

Every relationship is different. Just because Tristain took Debbie to “The Melting Pot” on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean that you should get mad at Joe for taking you to “Applebee’s”. (Also, who doesn’t love half-priced apps and dollar margs?) You don’t have to be like anyone else. The important thing is that you spend time together.

6. Hating his girl-friends.

Hate to break it to you, but a lot of guys have girl-friends. I’m not talking about someone that they used to hook up with or someone that he just met. If he’s been friends with this girl for years, nothing has ever happened, and she knows about you, you’re probably in the clear. Freaking out and worrying about her will just put unnecessary stress on the relationship. Become friends with her! Who doesn’t want more friends?

7. Avoiding arguments

Simple. Don’t get mad at stupid things, but don’t let him walk all over you just because you want to be that couple that “never fights” and are “so perfect together”.

8. Choosing him over your friends

IMPORTANT! Trust me, if he’s the guy that you want to be with, he will encourage you to have some girl time. Don’t be that girl that goes missing every time that she has a boyfriend. Also, do not change your personality to try and match what you think he wants. The only difference that you should have when you get into a relationship is how you act around other guys (AKA, not flirting with them, unless you’re trying to finesse some free drinks.) Your personality and the amount of time that you spend with your friends should be the same.

9. Pointing out everything wrong with him

Newsflash, everyone has flaws. Telling him that he’s gaining weight or talks funny is just mean. Don’t think that you can be bossy and rude just because you are comfortable in the relationship.

10. Expecting things

If you’re mad at him, don’t automatically assume that he is going to bring you flowers and beg for your forgiveness. Don’t expect him to drive you everywhere. Don’t expect him to always take you out all the time. Be thankful when he does. Expecting things puts a lot of disappointment on relationships.

11. Going through their phone

All it takes is one guy cheating on a girl for her trust to be ruined forever. However, just try and trust him. This guy hasn’t given you a reason yet. Plus, imagine if he went through yours. Do you really want him to see what you text your mom and what your group chat is talking about? No thanks.