Being a cat owner can be stressful, but in the end, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
1. Unlike a dog, you can leave them alone for about a week.
All you need to do is leave out a self-feeder with enough food and water in it, and you're all set for about a week! Don't forget to leave toys out, though. Otherwise, your feline friend will destroy about everything you own and cherish.
2. They always land on their feet.
To be quite honest I don't plan on testing this theory... but my cat did fall off the bed last night and landed on her feet whereas I would've landed on my face. Cool? Yes. Completely true? Maybe.
3. They typically reflect your attitude.
This truly applies if you've ever raised a kitten. They learn your mannerisms and characteristics and then begin to act similarly (not ideal if you have an attitude problem like me because my cat always tries to make me mad).
4. They don't always use their scratching post.
You could dump 20 lbs of catnip on that thing, but your little kitty will still find that $100 pillow and tear it apart.
5. Hairballs are the worst things ever.
Seriously they are like something straight out of a horror film. Nothing like it may show on television, it's not just some hair coming out it's like regular vomit. Will make you consider owning a dog instead.
6. Clothes for small dogs will probably fit them.
Do with this information what you will, but it's true. Depending on how big your cat is, of course, but most dog outfits will double as clothes for your cat. You're welcome.
7. They're a nightmare during Christmas szn.
Wrapping paper, bows, shiny AND fluffy things... need I say more?
8. They are literally so soft.
Having a healthy and well-groomed kitty is literally like owning a pet cloud. They are so soft it'll make you forget about all those pillows they just destroyed.
9. They are SUPER low-maintenance, most of the time.
Cats can be so low-maintenance that sometimes you may forget you own one. Unless the cat wants something, they will sleep in the same room as you and just leave you be, until you whip out your laptop and the keyboard instantly becomes their new bed.
10. They are adorable.
Just Google image kitten paws. Trust me.
11. If they like you, you're basically the human equivalent of perfection.
For a cat to truly tolerate you could take quite some time, but the minute they willingly decide to let you pet them is probably going to be the best day of your life.
- 11 Things You Know If You're Always Tired ›
- 11 Things You Need To Know About The Girl Who naps A lOT ›
- 11 Things All Short Girls Who Have Tall Boyfriends Understand ›
- 11 Things You Know Too Well If You Wear Makeup ›
- 11 Things That No One Ever Tells You About Being In A Sorority ›
- 11 Things You Should Know About Polish People ›
- 11 Things No One Tells You About Going Viral On Odyssey ›
- 12 Things No One Tells You Before Becoming Pet Parents To ... ›
- 12 Things Every Semi-Awkward Person Has Done ›
- 12 Things You Should Know About A Sagittarius ›
- 11 Things Smart People Won't Say At Work ›
- 11 Things No One Tells You About Being a Writer ›
- 12 Things Nobody Told Me About Losing Weight ›
- 12 Things You Should Know Before You Start A PhD – Age of ... ›
- 12 Things No One Told You About People Who Grew Up Abroad ›
- 12 Things I Wish I'd Known - Frederica.com ›
- 12 Things That Happen to Your Body When You Take Melatonin ›
- 12 Things Mentally Strong People Do That Nobody Else Does ›