11 Struggles of an Avid Concert Goer

11 Struggles of an Avid Concert Goer

The Struggle is Too Real

850
11 Struggles of an Avid Concert Goer

There is nothing more thrilling than seeing your favorite music artist perform live. The music pounding in your ears, dancing to the beat of the drums, screaming as you realize they are playing your absolute favorite song, and then shouting out the lyrics word for word- absolutely nothing compares. However, concert tickets are expensive, very expensive. Concerts I've been to have ranged from $30- $160. But that doesn't stop me. I just can't help saying "no" to a concert, because I never know when that band or artist will be back in my town again. This year, I have already bought four concert tickets and one music festival ticket, and it's only April. My bank account could be higher, but I'm going to dance, scream, and sing, with my friends by my side, no matter what. And it isn't even just the price of tickets that make attending a concert difficult. Here are 11 struggles, any avid concert goer knows.

1. Getting Your Squad to Commit

Concerts are fun but they are a million times more fun with a group of your closest friends. However, actually getting everyone to commit to clearing their schedule and dropping some money for a concert, can sometimes be a struggle, especially when tickets are about to go on sale.

2. Waiting to Buy Tickets Minutes Before They Go on Sale

If you've ever tried to buy tickets for a band or artist that was on high demand, you've had that terrible feeling of anticipation as you watch the clock countdown as you're sitting there waiting until you can actually buy those tickets. Extra anticipation points, if you have been redirected to a "standby page" and had to stare at that page until your eyes went numb, for what seemed like hours.

3. Freaking Out When They Sell Out

There's few things worse than being ready, credit card out and everything, and still not buying tickets fast enough. I wish I could say this has never happened to me.

4. And Then Frantically Trying to Buy Re-Sell Tickets

At this point you don't even care how much money you need to spend on concert tickets.. You just want to go to that damn concert.

5. You Hate Those Damn Service Fees

Because it's not enough that you're paying an absurd amount of money to attend the concert, but on top of that we have to pay for service fees, possibly shipping fees, and if you're really unlucky, you'll accidentally pay for insurance for your concert tickets also.

6. Parking/Transportation Is the Worst

Once you've bought your concert tickets.. the spending still doesn't end. Now you've got to figure out if you're going to drive to the concert and struggle to find parking or take public transportation and pay money for an Uber or Lyft. Either way, it's gonna cost you.

7. Water is Extremely Overpriced

Did you think that was the last thing you had to pay for? Of course it's not! It's easy to get dehydrated at a concert, and boy do the vendors know that. I don't think I've ever gone to a concert where the cost of a small water bottle was less than $5.

8. Picking the Perfect Outfit

Choosing an outfit for a concert is always confusing because on one hand they are typically late at night, when it's cold, but on the other hand, if you're in the mosh pit, you will be burning up. I usually try to counter this effect by wearing shorts with knee-high socks and a flannel that can be tied around my waist.

9. The Crowd is Crazy

More likely than not, you will run into a group of concert goers who are out of control. They're drunk or on drugs and falling on you. Or there's a group that is very very determined to push their way to the front.

10. Managing Your Phone Life

It's also really hard to manage which song you need to Snapchat. It's a struggle trying to make sure your phone lasts the whole night, but you also can't miss videotaping your favorite song. And when every song is your favorite song.. it gets real rough.

11. Post Concert Depression is Too Real

Last but not least, the most real struggle of them all- Post Concert Depression. The concert is over, your voice is gone and you are probably in desperate need of a shower, but all you're thinking about is how amazingly epic that concert was. There's nothing else to do except buy more concert tickets... and the cycle starts all over again.