The 11 Inevitable Stages Of Finals Week

The 11 Inevitable Stages Of Finals Week

The studying, the crying, and trying to sleep in between.
40

Christmas break is in sight, and the only thing standing in your way is finals week. Teachers have started talking about the final and how you need to start studying NOW. Unfortunately, you still have papers, projects, and other assignments to worry about. I’ve learned through my experiences of finals week (and going through it again right now) that there are 11 stages you go through during finals week:

1. Nerves

2. Extreme Planning

You think, “Maybe if I create a To Do list, I will get everything done and have a stress-free finals week”!

3. Empowerment

The To-Do list is working, and you are preparing for your finals like a CHAMP

4. Illness

With stress and the lack of sleep you are getting, you’re bound to get sick.

5. Stress

Your To-Do list is piling up, but the cold medicine isn’t working.

6. Crying

Everything is overwhelming and you just want to go home!!!

7. Motivation

Alright, the cold is fading away and you feel like you can get work done again.

8. Panic

Things are back on track until…oh no. There’s a project due tonight that you completely forgot about!!

9. Exhaustion

You’ve done so much studying that you cannot keep your eyes open

10. Defeat

The thought of dropping out crosses your mind almost every minute. Life would be so much easier if you didn’t have to worry about all these tests!

11. Relief

You took the last final, so hello Christmas Break!!!!!