11 Shows To Binge-Watch This Summer

11 Shows To Binge-Watch This Summer

And where to watch them

10
11 Shows To Binge-Watch This Summer

With school coming to a close, naturally we will have a bit more free time then we are acustom to during the school year. For most of us, that means at least a little bit of binge-watching our favorite shows.

Here are 11 shows I recommend we watch or re-watch this summer:

1. The Sopranos

Available on Amazon Prime Video, the six seasons and 86 episodes of the HBO drama, The Sopranos, chronicles the life of a New Jersey based mobster, Tony Soprano. The show revolves around his difficulties learning to balance his involvement in criminal organizations and his family life.

2. Friends

This is a classic show that we have all seen at least one episode from. In its 10 seasons and 236 episodes, Friends follows six best friends living in Manhattan. The show follows their comedic and romantic trials and triumphs. I highly recommend looking for Friends wherever you can find it.

3. Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is a teen drama series that will never get old for me. I am not ashamed to admit that I have watched the series in its entirety three times. The show features 6 seasons and 121 episodes that can be found on Netflix. Gossip Girl follows Upper East Siders of New York as they navigate prep school, college, love, and drama. Chuck and Blair's romance is one for the ages.

4. House of Cards

House of Cards is a Netflix original series. The show is continuing and currently has 4 seasons with 52 episodes. It is an American political drama series following more than just politics. The fifth season will not be released until 2017. You have plenty of time to binge-watch the show and catch-up until then.

5. Orange is the New Black

Orange is the New Black (OITNB) is also a Netflix original series. The show currently has 3 seasons on Netflix but will be releasing its fourth season in June 2016. The show is a comedy and follows the unique and interesting lives of female prisoners.

6. I Love Lucy

Amazon Prime features this classic sitcom pioneering show. The show follows Lucy as she tries to find success in show business. Along the way, we can see what an knack Lucy has for getting her family and friends into some interesting situations.

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This television series can be rented on Amazon Prime for a relatively low price. Buffy is a high school student who must juggle everything normal high school students do, in addition to slaying vampires in her free time.

8. American Horror Story

Watch American Horror Story with Amazon Prime. The best part of this show is that each season functions as its own mini series so if you only have two or three days to binge-watch a show, this may be your best bet!

9. Nova

If you're more into documentaries, you can find this series on Amazon Prime. Nova is a long-running and widely respected series that delves into different subjects within the scope of the sciences.

10. Arthur

If you're looking to jump back into your childhood, consider binge-watching Arthur. The series can be found on Amazon. Arthur promotes great life lessons and is not just a show for kids. It is the second-longest running series ever created so it is safe to say that you will be busy this summer.

11. Grey's Anatomy

This series with a cult-like following can be watched on Netflix. Grey's is an American medical drama that follows the lives of interns and residents as they become seasoned doctors. At the same time, the crew must maintain personal relationships.

These were just a few of my suggestions! Happy binge-watching!