11 Shows And Movies That Netflix Needs To Bring Back

From the college student without cable.

274
Huffington Post

I think most college students can relate to this statement: "Netflix brings me life." Most people I know love Netflix because it fuels our procrastination but also relieves stress with its ridiculous amount of TV shows and movies. But in recent months I have gotten a little annoyed with the streaming site because it has taken off some of my favorite movies. There are also a ton of shows that were taken off and I am just so lost without them. What am I supposed to do without them? Homework? Exercise? Sleep? So here are some things that I am praying will soon return to Netflix:

1. All of the Disney movies

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Disney. On the new Facebook post trend most of my friends' comments were Disney themed. So when there was a multitude of classic Disney movies on Netflix, I was overjoyed. But in the past two weeks "Lilo and Stitch," "Mulan," "Hercules" and "The Emperor's New Groove" were removed. As much as I love "Zootopia" (I do. I've watched it seven times since it has been added), I need to sing "Zero to Hero" at the top of my lungs while watching. And where are those other movies we were promised back in August?

2. The first 12 seasons of "Law and Order SVU"

This one just does not make any sense to me. Most people my age have a secret obsession with "SVU" and it broke a lot of people's hearts when the classic early seasons were removed. Why? Just why? I love Amaro and Carisi, but I miss watching Stabler and Benson work together as the unstoppable team.

3. Jumanji

This classic movie based on a children's book will always be one of my favorites. It is just so ridiculous but so entertaining. I was terrified of it when my babysitter showed it to me back in the first grade, but now I always turn it on when I want to laugh. And can we all agree it is a classic Robin Williams movie? Please put this back on!

4. Avatar: The Last Airbender

This has been off of Netflix for a long time, but I wanted to add this in because I will never get over the heartbreak of it being removed. As a college student I enjoy watching shows that remind me of a less stressful period in my life, and this show is one of those things. Also, it is just beautifully made with deep character development and storytelling. I also want it back on Netflix so when I say "Avatar" people don't ask me if I mean the blue people movie. They are not the same! But I believe this show can save the world if you put it back up.

5. The Breakfast Club

My brother and I were devastated when this was removed because it is one of those simple yet super feel good movies. Also, we just got into it a few months before it was removed and did not get to appreciate it enough. Let me appreciate classic '80s movies! Don't you forget about this movie please.

6. Full House

OK, I don't believe this was ever actually on Netflix instant stream, but "Fuller House" is and they need to add the original. There are probably a lot of people who have seen the new one but do not know how good the original show is. Please add this so people will understand. You got it, dude.

7. Silence of the Lambs

I have never seen this, but one of my good friends was going to make me watch it with her. She never got the chance because they took it off before we could have our scary/thriller movie marathon. I am taking her word on how good it is and putting this up here. Also Netflix needs a better assortment of thriller movies.

8. Modern Family

Another show that I do not believe was ever on Netflix but needs to be. I have never seen it, but my friends always talk about how much they love it. While it will probably never be added until the show ends, we can always hope that Netflix will hear the collective cries of college students around the country begging for this show to be available to us.

9. Phantom of the Opera

The musical theater lover in me was crushed when this was removed. I lost count of the number of times I watched this with one of my roommates freshmen year. The music is so pretty and the movie is so well done. Also, I vicariously live out my Broadway dreams through the movie since I will 1. probably never see it on Broadway and 2. never be on Broadway because I cannot sing. I think all the other theater nerds will join me in saying this is also one of the few good movie versions of a musical. All I ask of you, Netflix, is that this is put back on instant stream please.

10. The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

I love the movie as much as the next person, but we all need to appreciate how much of our childhood was spent watching this TV show on Nickelodeon. My dad and I would always watch an episode before school each morning and laugh at the ridiculous adventures these kids got themselves into. Plus, their lives were always so exciting and it was fun to imagine accidentally being thrown back in time instead of sitting through math class. The lives of these 10-year-old kids have been way more exciting than my adventures as a college student. Gotta blast, kids.

11. Anastasia

Need I give an explanation for this one? Once upon a December it was on Netflix and now it's not. Let's take a journey into the past and put it back on please. There's a rumor in St. Petersburg that it might be put on again but I can't be sure.