11 Reasons Why You Love Your Big

11 Reasons Why You Love Your Big

Here's to you, here's to me, big and little we'll always be

103
11 Reasons Why You Love Your Big

In any sorority, there is one person that you can always go to, one person that is your other half out of all those other girls in your sorority, one person that you can call your sister. This is your big, and she's the one that is your go-to for anything during the new member process, to going out for coffee to snuggling on cold days during philanthropy events on cold fall or spring days. She's the person that will get excited with you and for you, is always ready for a coffee run or a study session for exams, and will always get food with you. She's your mentor, sister, and your best friend in the sorority and the person you connect with the very best out of everyone else. She's your big which is reason enough to love her, but of course there are many other reasons why you just love her to pieces.

1.) All those clues during big/little week

She truly outdid herself with every new day, and the basket of gifts on the night of reveal? Too perfect for words. Even though you may have known it was her from the very beginning, you loved her from the very first clue, though it was more of a handmade gift with sweat, stress, and love etched into it as she tried to get everything done for you after the big/little pairs were made!

2.) That first hug as big and little is one of the best moments of your entire college experience

After all those clues that she worked hard on for you, you finally know who she is and you couldn't be happier. Everyone in the chapter cheers for you guys and there's no judgment if you cry because she's everything you wanted, how could you not be overjoyed to the point of tears?

3.) She's always down for a craft/movie night

You find a new craft idea on Pinterest? She's all-too-willing to hang out and watch Disney movies, eat pizza, and paint until there's colorful smudges all over your hands that remind you of when you go to a Sephora store and try out all the different lipsticks and other colorful products that you want.

4.) She always calls you "little"

Let's face it, of all the titles and nicknames you've been given over your lifetime this one is one of your absolute favorites. She's the only one in the world that can call you that, after all.

5.) During the times when you don't go to parties together, she's always super excited to see you and isn't afraid to show it

There's nothing like that excited exclaim of "little!" followed by a huge bear hug from your big to make your night a thousand times better that it already was. You're each other's partner in crime at these things, which makes this an expected response even if you had seen each other only a few hours prior.

6.) She is always a shoulder to lean on

You failed an exam, you're having problems with someone, you're just feeling really down, she's one of the first that will be there to offer a warm hug and a listening ear to make you feel better. She knows the signs you show when you're feeling sad and always knows when you need a hug to pull yourself together on your worst days and you would do the same for her on her bad days.

7.) She thinks you're absolutely perfect

You're like her baby, her pride and joy. You make her proud just by being yourself and you know it because she always makes sure to tell you how proud she is of you and how proud she is that she can call you her little. From your natural talents to the things you've had to work hard for in order to get, she's always telling everyone she knows about your accomplishments and how proud she is of you and there's no better self-esteem boost than to know your big is proud of everything you do.

8.) She adores every single craft you make her

...because it was made by y-o-u. She's like your mom the same way you're like her baby, she loves getting crafts and presents from you because you were thoughtful enough to make all of it for her and personalize it to match the two of you. Whatever it is she loves it and shares it to the world via Instagram or Snapchat to let everyone know that her little is the best little of all time.

9.) She will always believe in you, even if you don't believe in yourself

Whether you have a big game that you're really nervous for, you have a huge exam or you have a presentation in front of the whole class, she is always there to remind you that you can do anything. She gives the best pep-talks and sends you the most encouraging texts that make you believe in yourself long enough to get through this daunting thing. When it turns out that you ended up killing it at whatever it was that you were nervous about, she doesn't say "I told you so" and goes straight into the celebratory hugs and is just as excited and happy as you.

10.) You've already got a bridesmaid picked out

Now you just need to find the others and a man to marry and you're golden. Plus she'll probably look amazing in any dress you choose, even one of those gross things with the puffy sleeves and bows on the butt. Of course you'd never do that to her, that just wouldn't be nice.

11.) You picked her, and she picked you

...and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Your big is the one person in your sorority you will have for the rest of your life, and she's the person that will make your college career as memorable as it can possibly be. She'll always be there to cheer you up and cheer you on and she knows you will do the same for her because big and little you will always be.