11 Reasons Why I'm Single

While it's good to be home, there's one thing I dread during every holiday break: the questionnaire. It's time to see my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents that I only see a few times a year. The questions start off slow, like "What's your major, again?" because in an extended family comprised of close to 100 people (I'm not exaggerating, on my dad's side alone) it's hard to remember who does what. And then the questions get more personal, my favorite being the classic, "Why are you still single?" Well, let me tell you why.

1. I'm happy by myself.

2. I can eat more than my fair share of turkey and not worry about how bloated I feel or how unattractive I look.

3. I refuse to settle.

4. It's more fun to make out with a different guy every weekend (just kidding, Mom) (sort of).

5. I'm focused on my career.

6. I'm one of the busiest people I know.

7. I would rather have a dog than a husband, they're much cuter.

8. I don't need anyone else to make me feel complete.

9. I have too much fun going out with my girls.

10. I'm just really good at flirting and I can't give that up.

11. Being in a relationship or getting married isn't one of my goals, and that's okay.