11 Reasons You Need To Stop Sleeping On Pinterest

It has everything you could need, so I don't understand why everyone still sleeps on it.

18

Most people have all kinds of social media, but one that not many people have been using is Pinterest.

Pinterest is a unique social media platform that doesn't necessarily focus on you in the present day, but you in the future! It gives users the opportunity to create boards and "pin" items relevant to them. You get to arrange different aspects of your life from your daily routine all the way to your wedding day.

There are plenty of reasons to revive your Pinterest account, but there are a few that are my favorite.

1. Fashion boards provide all the inspiration you need.

By using Pinterest, you can create boards for each season you are dressing for. This is a great option for when you have no idea what to wear, what to pack or how to make something "work" on you!

2. DIY boards help you ball on a budget.

When the bank account is low, but the motivation is high, I recommend checking out some DIY gifts on Pinterest. These boards are perfect when you don't know what to get someone, you're low on money or you're just feeling crafty!

3. Party prep just got so much easier with recipe boards.

Whether you need a filling midnight snack, heading to a potluck or just want to impress yourself with a new recipe, Pinterest has a board for you. These recipes are typically easy and unique. Even the worst cooks can make these delicious treats!

4. Need ideas for a haircut? Understandable, get ready to chop it off with simply searching, hairstyles!

I for one, love changing up my hair. I dye it, cut it and style it differently constantly thanks to the Pinterest app.

If you're in need of some confidence or want to impress your boo, just search a hairstyle you're interested in and get ready to be amazed!

5. Motivational boards are everything you need to succeed in life.

There is a variety of ways to get motivated and become productive and I credit Pinterest in helping me do that. There are boards on productivity, self-improvement, self-love, and creativity. The ideas and tips are endless!

6. If you need beauty tips, a new skin-care routine or makeup ideas, it has you covered.

Beauty is a large category on this platform. I get most of my eye makeup looks from this site as well as new tips for my skin and hair. Did you know vaseline could help your eyelashes and eyebrow hairs grow? I didn't, until now!

7.  There are beautiful options for journals and bullet journals alike.

First of all, if you aren't on the bullet journal wave, you're missing out. Nonetheless, Pinterest can encourage you to get on it or take your regular journal one step further!

8. It gives you the perfect opportunity to daydream about your perfect wedding instead of studying.

Some of us (including me) have been dreaming of their wedding since they were little. If you have a dream in mind for a perfect beach wedding or a particular dress you envision, create a board! This way you can keep track of your likes, dislikes, and ideas before the day comes.

9. You can skip the library and get study tips right from a board!

Instead of tearing through your textbook or running to the library on campus, check out Pinterest first! Sometimes there are helpful study guides, vocabulary words and schedules to encourage you to stay on track in school academically and socially!

10. Organization just became so much easier.

Organizing your bedroom or dorm can be a daunting task. However, with boards like these, the process becomes simple! Live your best life with these DIYs, hacks or steps to enjoy a cleaner life.

11. You can even connect with fellow artists and writers.

Get your name out there! If you're sick of blowing up your group chat with your articles or showing your significant other the same piece of art you've been working on forever, share it with the world instead!

Pinterest users are always looking for something new!

Pinterest is a blessing to me. It is the one social media platform that encourages me to set goals and try something new! So, is that enough to convince you to stop sleeping on Pinterest?