11 Reasons You Should NEVER, EVER Start Traveling

Wander often, wander always.

19

Some people don't get the chance to travel often and some do. As one of those people that has, I can tell you how crappy it can sometimes be. So if you're considering taking your first vacation to a new place, here are some reasons why you should never, ever do that:

1. You'll have to try new foods.

Yup, not every place in the world has a ton of fast food chains at the end of the street. You're most likely going to end up having to try something you've never had before and I hate to break it to you, but it has the possibility of being some of the best food you'll ever eat. How unfortunate.

2. The views are too breathtaking to describe.

Unless you wake up every day to this, there's no reason why this shouldn't blow your mind. But who wants to get 5,000ft up in the mountains and be able to see over the entire town of Innsbruck, Austria? Not me. Way too pretty.

3. You get to experience how other cultures live.

Experiencing other cultures will help broaden your horizons and connect with people despite your differences. It'll also help develop your interpersonal communication skills but who said you need those, anyway?

4. Trying new things and going on new adventures is just no fun.

Whether it's finding your way through the mazes of a palace garden or getting to ride down the Alps in an alpine slide, none of it is any fun. You should really just stay home.

5. You'll learn about the history of other countries besides your own.

You'll learn so much history that it'll make learning fun again since it's such a hands-on experience. For instance, King Ludwig II was so crazy that he had people build him a castle that had a light-up cave...inside. But that's just too much to remember.

6. You'll learn about yourself.

There's nothing better than getting away from the stress of reality and getting to really learn about who you are as a person. You learn how well you handle flying for 12 hours straight and how well you handle being in a foreign country with people you barely know.

7. It'll teach you to manage your money.

It's terrible giving up your bad spending problems and learning how to manage your money on your own. You don't have mom or dad to call at every moment of the day and ask them to help you. You have to take the time to plan out how much you want to spend and on what, which in turn helps you when you go back home. But who wants that?

8. You'll seize the day.

Traveling will give you the option to do things you've never tried before. You might be asked, "Hey, want to go try this?" and you may find yourself sliding down not one, but two slides in a salt mine. Spontaneity at its finest.

9. You'll make memories that'll last you a lifetime.

They won't go away like some gadget you bought that died a month later. Pictures and journal entries last forever.

10. You begin to truly appreciate where you live.

Getting to see how others live around the world will make you realize how lucky you are to live where you do. The places you're visiting might not be bad places to live, but you'll realize that you've come to love the place that you call home.

11. The people you meet while traveling will become lifelong friends.

From inside jokes to having hundreds of pictures together to even planning multiple trips, the friends you make are going to be some of the greatest you may meet throughout your entire life.