11 Reasons It's OK To Be Your Own Valentine

This is the year 2016, and we are all independent adults; so why not be our own valentines?
354

Whether you're single, in a relationship or in an unspecified romance, Valentine's Day could be a dreaded day for you. I just wanted to tell you that it's OK. Valentine's Day could be just as great on your own. This is the year 2016, and we are all independent adults; so why not be our own valentines?

1. You don't have to worry about planning an extravagant event.

Think about all of the money, time and effort that you don't have to spend. You could choose to do whatever you want, whenever you want and you don't have any extra "holiday" pressure.

2. You get to treat yourself.

When is the last time you took yourself out to get your nails done, or went on a shopping spree or even just took a long hot bath? This is your excuse.

3. You don't have to please anyone but yourself.

Don't feel too bad about being a little bit selfish sometimes, it's healthy. You are a strong and independent person who deserves a little "self" time.

4. You don't have to get dressed up.

Forget spending hours on your hair and makeup to try to impress someone. Take a look in the mirror with your natural hair and makeup-less face. You are beautiful.

5. You don't have to leave your house.

There's no need to go anywhere and surround yourself with a bunch of couples. Netflix and some ice-cream will be just as pleasing.

6. There will be no disappointing presents.

The truth is, you know yourself better than anyone else; so the best gift giver is YOU.

7. You can eat all of the dinner by yourself without judgment.

If you want to indulge yourself with an entire heart-shaped pizza and a coffee table-sized brownie, do it. No one will tell you that you can't.

8. You can wait until the day after Valentine's Day to buy 50 percent-off chocolate.

There's nothing better in life than chocolate, except for discounted chocolate.

9. You won't leave yourself lonely on Valentine's Day.

The one person who will always be there for you, is you.

10. You get to avoid the crazy lines for chocolate-covered strawberries and roses.

No matter how beautiful or tasty these gifts can be, chocolate stores and flower shops are busy and crowded, and if you forgot to pre-order, this could be disastrous.

11. You shouldn't need a specific day out of the year for someone to show they love you.

Showing yourself some love this Valentine's Day will make it the best it could be.