11 Of The Most Powerful Quotes From The Nassar Trial

Time's up.
149

For those who may not be aware, Larry Nassar, the ex-doctor for the USA gymnastics team, has been on trial for the last week and was just sentenced to 40-175 years in prison for first-degree criminal sexual abuse. On top of that, he was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison for child pornography. Throughout his sexual abuse trial, around 100 of his victims gave impact statements, and they were well phrased, powerful, and worth reading.

1. "How much is a little girl worth?"-Rachael Denhollander
2. "He abused my trust, he abused my body, and he left scars on my psyche that will never go away."- McKayla Maroney
3."I will not rest until every last trace of your influence on this sport has been destroyed like the cancer it is."- Aly Raisman

4. "Larry, the thing you didn't realize when you were sexually abusing me... was that you were building an army of survivors who would ultimately expose you for who you are."-Amanda Thomashow

5. "I've come to realize this moment is not my weakest moment. This is my moment of strength. This is my time to close the chapter of being a victim and open the chapter of being a survivor."- Gwen Anderson

6. "There's no therapy that will fix the evil that's deep inside you." Jenette Antolin

7. "You knew I was powerless. You pretended to be my friend. How dare you ask for our forgiveness."-Jamie Dantzscher

8. "Even though I am a victim, I won't live my life as one. I am an Olympian."- Jordyn Wieber

9. " I am only 16. I should now even know what an impact statement is. I shouldn't know what the inside of a courtroom looks like. You have a hard time looking at me now, but you didn't seem to have a problem when I was half naked on your table."- Arianna Guerrero

10. "It is my honor and privilege to sentence you. Because sir, you do not deserve to walk outside of a prison ever again."- Judge Aquilina

11. "Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but little girls don't stay little forever. They grow into strong women that return to destroy your world."-Kyle Stephens