11 Best Movies to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

Movies - the best way to spread Christmas cheer.
83

Oh, the holidays. The time for eating cookies, decorating gingerbread houses, spending time with family and, of course, watching Christmas movies! If you're like me, you wait patiently for 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family, oh wait I mean Freeform. Anyways, Christmas movies are a staple for this time of year so here's some of the best to keep your holiday spirits up!

1. "Elf"

This one is Will Farrell at his best. With countless memorable scenes like the classic "angry elf" or "Baby, it's cold outside," "Elf" more than delivers with spreading Christmas cheer.

2. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

For my family, this is our personal favorite. The Griswolds bring the whole family together for a traditional Christmas vacation that in true Griswold fashion goes a bit array.

3. "Christmas With The Kranks"

This one brings on the laughs with Jaime Lee Curtis and Tim Allen starring! With tons of hysterical moments and loads of heart, "Christmas With The Kranks" truly makes you grateful for family and friends.

4. "The Santa Clause"

There are few movies that truly warm your heart quite like "The Santa Clause." Tim Allen shines once again as Santa himself and makes you see the magic of the holidays.

5. "Home Alone"

This is a classic. "Home Alone" has a phenomenal cast and endless laugh-out-loud moments that make this a Christmas must.

6. "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York"

The only way you could ever top the first Home Alone is by setting the sequel in New York City. Not only does this one bring back its excellent characters and light-hearted tone, but it displays the beauty of the city, making you truly feel the love of the holidays.

7. "The Holiday"

I. Love. This. Movie. This one might not be as Christmasy as some of the others on this list, but it is still amazing. The cast is top notch, lead by Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, and truly warms your heart.

8. "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

The beauty of this one is that you can enjoy it during both Halloween and Christmas - you get two for the price of one! The music, the characters, the story, this Tim Burton classic is a must.

9. "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"

The Grinch and Christmas go together like the holidays and gingerbread. Whether it's the classic animated version or the Jim Carrey live-action film, you can't go wrong.

10. "It's A Wonderful Life"

Classic. This is an absolute Christmas classic. There's nothing else to say about this one. It is an absolute necessity for the holiday season.

11. "Deck The Halls"

If you want some light-heart fun and tons of laughs, then "Deck The Halls" is the one for you! From start to finish, it's a great holiday ride.

Happy holidays! Enjoy these holiday movies and you'll get into the Christmas spirit in no time.