11 Fall Trends to Look For on Campus

11 Fall Trends to Look For on Campus

Lets face it, we all rock the over sized tee shirt

4111
11 Fall Trends to Look For on Campus
Pintrest

It's mid-September, and I have seen several leaves on the ground... you know what that means! Fall is almost here! With fall time quickly approaching, fall fashion is the only thing on my mind. Fall time is like Christmas time for a white girl, pumpkin spice lattes, legging, and blanket scarfs are a must for this time of year. It's hard to walk around campus without seeing some of these iconic fall looks.

1. The Infamous Big Tee Shirt

While attending high school I definitely noticed this trend at my local college campus. Not until I entered college did I realize the vastness of this trend. Big tee shirts are the trend of the century. Not only are they insanely comfortable, but they are also extremely trendy, especially on college campuses around the nation. Whether it be a Greek letter shirt or a random free shirt from your school, any big tee shirt will fit this trend nicely.

2. Leggings, Leggings, and more Leggings

Of course, any girl needs a good pair of leggings in her life. What are you going to wear with your big tee shirt when it gets cold? Black legging specifically are perfect for any occasion. You can dress them up to go out, or down to walk around campus. Like the big tee shirt, they are super comfortable and perfect for those classrooms that are freezing. Black leggings match basically anything and pair perfectly with any pair of boots. What's not to love?

3. Bad Hair Day? Put a Hat on it

Hats are a God-sent in college. No matter where I look, I can always see a girl rocking a ball cap on campus. Dirty hair, frizzy hair, or any crazy hair do will fit perfectly under a hat. Hats can match any outfit. They come in hundreds of colors, and there are numerous websites where you can even personalize what your hat says!

4. Rainy or Not... Here I Come

Rain boots are a recent trend that I have joined. Especially moving into the fall, rain boots are a must. They are great for poring rain, snow, or even just a day when it looks like it could rain! They also come in different styles and colors to match any outfit. I can't be the only girl that gets excited when I see it is raining, because that means I get to wear my boots!

5. Flannel Fridays! (Everyday)

Flannels in my opinion are one of the best parts of fall. They are cute, and double as a jacket when it gets chilly in class. Flannels also come in tons of colors and styles. There are thin and thick strips, plaids, and my personal favorite, buffalo plaid. They pair perfectly with jeans, leggings, and boots!

6. Duck Boots for Life

If you were on social media at all last fall you know how popular duck boots were. I had friends who ordered them in the fall, and didn't receive them until March! The demand was crazy. I predict the craze for duck boots will only continue into this fall. Since they are so popular, there are a lot of different brands to choose from this season. Like rain boots, they are perfect for unfavorable fall weather, especially in the snow. Not to mention, they pair adorably with boot socks!

7. The Best Time to Wear a Striped Vest... is all the Time

Vest are great for any temperature. From early fall, to the cold winter months, there is a different vest for every temperature! There are light weight vests for September, and down vests for January! They also come in a wide variety or patterns. I suggest having a few vest in black and navy that can be paired with almost anything. Vest can be dressed up, with some distressed denim and a great pair of riding boots, or dressed down with a basic pair of leggings and a crew neck underneath.

8. Cutie Booties

Booties are going to be huge this fall! There give your outfit the perfect amount of fall! For this fall transition time, there are gorgeous booties with cut outs on the side. When the temperatures cool down, there are sawed and leather booties to fit the occasion! Booties also look cute with any kind of denim, especially distressed boyfriend jeans!

9. Kendra Scott Elisa Pendants

Every where I look on campus I see these necklaces! And for good reason, they are so cute! These necklaces are so versatile. You can wear them with tee shirts, active wear, or a dressy outfit! They also come in so many colors! You can even create your own colored stone and chain on the Kendra Scott website!

10. Blanket Scarfs (These Things are Literally Blankets)

Scarfs are another trend from last season that aren't going anywhere. They are cute, dress up any outfit, and are so warm! Not to mention they are huge! When they call them blanket scarfs, they really mean it! Blanket scarfs come in hundreds of patterns. Like flannel shirts, my favorite and one of the most popular prints is plaid. You can completely transform a plain outfit with a great plaid scarf!

11. Bomber Jackets

Obviously I saved the best for last! These jackets have been all over my Instagram feed lately! They are so cute, and perfect for those in between temperatures! Every store I go into I see these jackets! Olive green has to be the most popular color moving into the fall months. I'm expecting these jackets to be huge this fall!