College apps worth investing time in for an easier life

11 Apps College Student Needs To Have For An Easier Life

Make your life easier with a few apps that will help you destress

217

The basic day to day schedule of a college student is busy. With multiple classes, jobs, internships, students may feel overwhelmed from all the things they are doing. However, technology saves the day for people with a variety of apps to help people be organized and focused. Apps that are helpful for students all deal with ways to help your personal life, social life and academic environment Here are 11 apps college students need to have an easier life:

Your College Apps

This is self-explanatory, but downloading the apps your college offers will help you out immensely. Many colleges offer apps that help students out in academics. Some of these apps allow you to easily see grades, course information, and contact information for the professor. Besides academics, apps play a huge role in student life too. Such include information on clubs, the gym, and dining hall information.

Venmo

Who carries large amounts of cash anyway? Venmo is the online app that lets people transfer money from their bank account into another account in an instant. Larger transfers carries a very small fee. I have used Venmo with my roommate to split rent for our off campus apartment. Clubs in college also use Venmo as an alternative to cash if a club is selling any baked goods or merch. Why waste time taking a trip to your bank when you can transfer money electronically with the click of a button!

GroupMe

GroupMe is a much better alternative to group texts. It is user friendly, and is meant for larger groups, and is less cluttered than the standard group texts. GroupMe has been used in a variety of settings where large groups are present. Some ways I have used GroupMe is when my residential advisor would inform my floor of any announcements when I lived on campus. Other ways I have used GroupMe to communicate is with group projects in class, and club meetings.

LinkedIn

Gain some professional skills and network with this app. This app is a social network app dedicated to career and professionalism. Instead of scrolling through Facebook use this app as a way to see any upcoming jobs, internships, and see what is happening with your peers on a professional scale.

Mint

This online budget track and plan tracker allows you to manage your finances. Where are you spending the most money in? How can you budget better? All of these questions will be answered when you spend some time budgeting with Mint. College students who do not have a stable income yet can always count on Mint in order to help budgeting and not going in debt.

Instagram

You are only in college once, and not everybody has the opportunity to attend college so make the most of it. Document your experience of college, and create memories. Instagram is one of the many apps to upload photos, videos, and upload stories. Looking back at your Instagram upon graduation would provide you a feeling of nostalgia. Just make sure to not become addicted to it, but use it as a way to document your experiences, and not spend your entire free time on it.

Chegg

Do not ever buy your books at the college bookstore, unless it is your last resort. Lets face it, college tuition is already expensive as is, and textbooks are just another annoying purchase that our bank account suffers. Thus, buy your textbooks on Chegg, and get the app or other apps similar to this one. Sell your books online, see the best deals of the book, and have it in a flash. This app will save you the money that the college bookstore does not since they always charge full price.

Spotify

Need that motivation to walk to class, or that perfect study jam playlist to make it through a session of hitting the books? If so, invest in the Spotify app. Create playlists, and learn about different music and find your favorites. Also, Spotify offers college students a deal, a premium account is only $4.99 per month as opposed to the $9.99 fee per month. An added bonus is college students get free access to Hulu with the premium plan.

Twitter

Since college students are always on the go, watching cable news is hard. Instead get the news through various news sites through Twitter. Follow the news companies you want, and get your daily fixture of news to be more well informed of the world. It is always good to know what is going on around yourself, and the world.

Uber

This app is essential especially when you have no form of transportation. Ubers allow for easy transportation with just the press of a button. See the drivers vehicle information to get a better view of the automobile. Uber will help you stay safe, especially when traveling alone at night. Uber is always available 24/7 unlike traditional taxi services.

GrubHub

Let's face it college students may not be some of the best cooks. But with GrubHub allows for food delivery from local restaurants and other eateries. If the dining hall is closed, or if the weather is not cooperating, GrubHub is the app you need to get your meals.