11 Amazing Indiegogo Campaigns That You Should Check Out

Why not put your money toward something you believe in?

24
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/08/20/636073091894827021-2028069358_10038_b12a80a95b6ef28da5598b02e9168602.jpg

I'm sure you've heard of Indiegogo, the crowdfunding platform that allows anyone around the world to start a campaign, that anyone, anywhere, can back. With a belief that "the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success," the Indiegogo community has funded unique ideas from new technological inventions, fan-loved movie and web series, amazing social impact campaigns, and so much more. If you would like to give money to wonderful causes, or if you want your money to go towards something that you love, and that can truly benefit from your financial gift, Indiegogo is a great website to check out. I've spent some time looking through the current campaigns listed on Indiegogo, and have compiled a short list of what I think are some of the most interesting/important campaigns that you should check out.

1. The Strangers Project

The Strangers Project consists of a guy named Brian, who goes around to different places and collects handwritten, anonymous, true stories from strangers. Brian, along with Jess, hope to travel around on a national tour, gaining words from strangers and creating a documentary during their time. "This project engages strangers of all ages and backgrounds to reflect, rejoice, heal and connect through words." Check it out here.

2. Homeless people as they dreamed to become

The money raised by this Indiegogo campaign will go to creating a book of photography, showing photos of homeless people as they are, and as the people they dreamed they would become. "My book will be about them and the moment when they had the peace to dream and to speak with somebody about their problems without fearing anything. And you will see beautiful people with beautiful minds." Check it out here.

3. Iran Unveiled - Group Photo Exhibition

Iran Unveiled is a photo project, with images of Iran taken by nine Iranian photographs. They hope to display their work at the Kala Art Institute in Berkeley on September 17, 2016, but need funds to get their project off the ground. "This project will hopefully dispel many of they myths and misconceptions that surround the isolated Middle-Eastern country and its people. Our goal is to offer the world a more realistic depiction of how Iranians live, what they believe, and who they are." Check it out here.

4. Communication platform to help us communicate

This campaign is for the creation of a online communication platform that will help people around the world debate about relevant topics and ideas. The idea is that the platform would update often with the latest knowledge about each topic, to ensure educated discussions. "We have to help people update their worldviews in a society which is changing rapidly. By creating an environment which maximizes the chance for you to understand each other we increase the chance that you decided what's right." Check it out here.

5. Send Donald Trump A Constitution to Read!

Some may disagree with me, but this campaign to send copies of the U.S. Constitution to Donald Trump makes me laugh, and I fully support it. "We need to remind Donald that being an American means having our freedom of speech as well as religion." Check it out here.

6. Wake Up Waffles - High Protein Ready-to-Go Waffles

Wake Up Waffles are low fat, high protein, gluten free, low sugar, delicious waffles with no artificial preservatives. Money raised by this campaigns goes to help keeping these yummy, fast, and healthy waffles affordable and available. If you donate to this campaign, you can get some Wake Up Waffles delivered to your door. "They are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack! You can eat them plain or top them off with anything you can think of!" Check it out here.

7. Evergreen United: A Farmers' Market on Wheels

Evergreen United is a service that helps farmers move their crops, and brings them to chefs, thus provides ethically grown food to restaurants. Basically, Evergreen United is a middle man that motivates, through convenience, chefs to use local ethically grown food. "We believe this infrastructure is a necessary step as we all work towards a more wholesome and sustainable food culture." Check it out here.

8. Revolutionizing the Art of Gifting

This company, Packed with Purpose, creates specialty gift boxes full of products made my purpose-driven companies. These products all create social impact, and my giving or receiving these gift boxes, you are benefiting U.S. communities. "Packed with Purpose was created with a desire to infuse social good into gift giving." Check it out here.

9. Professional theatre for those living in care

First Draft Theatre has a mission to provide professional theatre to people living with disabilities. They are currently looking for money to go on tour to care centres across England with their production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "The show will have sensory elements, making it engaging for all but especially accessible for those living with learning difficulties, physical frailties and dementia." Check it out here.

10. New Mental Health Support App snapclarity

This campaign is raising money in order to launch an app called snapclarity. This app, created by Terrace Wellness Group in Ontario Canada, will provide users with the opportunity to have an online chat with a professional therapist at any time. "It is a mobile app, that makes therapy convenient and easily accessible when it is needed most." Check it out here.

11. iPad Orchestra Hailuoto CD Project

Hailutoto, a small island in Finland, has an iPad Orchestra, that makes music using various iOS apps. With financial support, they plan to make a CD to release into the global market. The design process would incorporate idea from the 77 children who live on the island. "We want to show that a small community on a far out tiny island in northern Finland sounds just as fascinating and timely has anybody in this world." Check it out here.