10 Ways To Be A Perfect 10/10 Roommate

10 Ways To Be A Perfect 10/10 Roommate

"Eat their food in small increments so they aren't suspicious of where all of their chocolate turtles are going."

202
10 Ways To Be A Perfect 10/10 Roommate
Study Breaks

Throughout my collegiate experience I've lived with some of my best friends in a dorm older than my parents, a brand new apartment (that wasn't finished being built until half of my lease was up), and a sorority house. With that being said, I would like to think I've become a decent roommate! Here are some of my go-to tips to ensure your roomie loves coming home to you every day and wants to hang out with you every night.

1. Recognize that it is your duty to scare them where and whenever you desire.

This includes but is not limited to: hiding under their bed for 30 minutes, ready to pounce at the first sight of their feet, or behind their shower curtain at 2 in the morning with a mask on.

2. Eat their food in small increments so they aren't suspicious of where all of their chocolate turtles are going.

3. ALWAYS agree to make a fast food run with them.

This gives you leverage to guilt them into ordering Insomnia cookies with you at a later date and hour.

4. If you're not feeling your own wardrobe, wreak havoc on theirs.

5. No matter how broke they are or what measures you must take, never let them talk themselves out of a shopping spree.

6. When you start a new show together binge watch it without her/him, then nag them to catch up as if they are in the wrong.

7. Stop what you're doing and help them reply to a boy's text.

I don't care if the drop/add window is closing, this takes precedence.

8. If she/he wants to complain to the housing staff, always tag along for moral (and mouthy) support.

An example of how to enhance your roommate's argument can be seen above.

9. If they're on a health kick, don't you dare fall victim to their lettuce and cardio traps!

If anything, do all you can to talk them out of this phase.

10. And finally, arguably the most important part of being a good roommate, always know when to tell them to STFU.

Times may include but are not limited to: when they say they're gaining weight, when they suggest staying in for Happy Hour, when they mention the three letters GPA, and when they try to talk about you ever not living together.

To any old roommates personally victimized by others' lack of cleaning and desire to hide under your bed for 30 minutes just to grab your ankles when you walk by, all I have to say to you is: