When I started college, I thought I knew it all. I was convinced that everything would pretty much stay the same and I'd be able to do things like I did in high school. I didn't think I'd have to work really hard and I was pretty sure that as long as I kept up with my work I'd be somewhat okay. I didn't know about anything I would encounter on the social end of things and I certainly had no idea about how complicated life would get as soon as my mom walked away from me in my residence hall on that hot August day. Now, as I sit here avoiding packing up my dorm room to head back home for the summer, I'm also reminiscing on some of the best times of my life. Though this list could go on for days, here are 100 things I wish I'd known before I started college. Upcoming freshmen, this one's for you.

1.) No party or night out is more important than a homework assignment, no matter how many points the assignment is worth.

2.) The freshman fifteen is real, even if you go to a big school that requires a lot of walking.

3.) Don't be a shut in or shy at all during your first few weeks. Go out and meet people, try new things, have fun.

4.) The friends you meet here will be different than any of your friends from home. A good different.

5.) Use your meal swipes wisely.

6.) There's no heartbreak that Netflix and ice-cream can't fix-- but don't repeat this system too many times or you'll run into that freshman fifteen problem which will lead to more heartbreak.

7.) The boys you know from back home? So, so, so not worth it.

8.) Underclass boys are also usually not worth it.

9.) Remember your worth always.

10.) Call home as much as you can, you're going to miss the voices of your family members.

11.) Go home when you feel like you need to, it's always good to go back.

12.) Have fun on the weekends.

13.) If you have problems early on in a class, get help then.

14.) Be yourself. People will love you.

15.) Not everyone you come into contact with is going to be your forever friend.

SEE ALSO: To The Graduating High School Senior, From The Girl Who Would Have Loved This Advice

16.) Never stop sending your family pictures.

17.) Uber everywhere.

18.) Utilize your library-- the study rooms there are your best friends.

19.) An all-nighter while studying will sound like a great idea at around 2 a.m., but you'll regret it by 5:30.

20.) Try to go to class when you don't feel like it so you can miss when you really don't feel like it.

21.) Show your professors that you care.

22.) Try your best in everything, especially the subjects you don't like.

23.) Join more than one club, get involved, but don't overwhelm yourself.

24.) Leave room in your schedule for a nap every day, you'll want it.

25.) Take extra good care of your skin.

26.) Feeling stressed? Exercise.

27.) You're going to have a favorite dining hall, so make sure you try them all out.

28.) Familiarize yourself with your campus as early as possible.

29.) Your advisor should always do what's best for you, if you feel like they aren't, tell them.

30.) Check your grades as often as you can.

31.) Pack as many comfortable clothes as you can, you're not going to want to dress nicely for class every day (or at all).

32.) Never let any person push you around.

33.) Visit your friends from home if they're close by.

34.) Only keep people in your life that you want to be in it.

35.) High school pettiness doesn't go very far in college, so ignore people who still try to center everything around drama.

36.) There are a lot more important things than the number of likes you get on instagram.

37.) Never let yourself or a friend go to bed upset.

38.) If you have a friend who lets you go to bed upset, they are not your friend.

39.) If you're stuck without AC, take an ice cold shower. It works wonders.

40.) Print out a lot of pictures of your pets.

41.) Try your best to have a good relationship with the people you live with.

42.) Always stand your ground, don't let anyone walk all over you.

43.) Classical music works wonders when you need to calm down.

44.) Your school built a gym for a reason, go use it.

45.) Enjoy the soft serve ice cream in the dining hall.

46.) Take lots of pictures.

47.) Genuinely treasure every moment, this is your last chance to be responsibly irresponsible.

48.) Don't walk anywhere by yourself at night.

49.) Be single. Enjoy being single. Don't rush yourself into being committed to someone, enjoy being on your own.

50.) Frat parties are really fun.

51.) Having a movie night with your friends is also really fun.

52.) Go visit your old high school when you return home and visit your teachers that got you through it.

53.) Enjoy every minute you spend with your family when you're home.

54.) Never ever ever ever blow off anyone you care about for a boy.

55.) Be careful of the reputation you make for yourself around campus.

56.) Always, always go out in groups.

57.) Don't put anything above your grades.

58.) College math? Yeah, it still sucks.

59.) You're going to really really really miss your family. Every day.

60.) College is a fresh start, don't let your old demons follow you to your dorm room.

61.) When you get homesick (which you will), look at some pictures of your family.

62.) Check on your old friends from time to time, even if they haven't checked on you.

63.) Never let any guy talk you into doing something you don't want to do.

64.) Talk about how you feel to someone, whether its your roommate, a friend, or your own reflection.

65.) Always go with your gut in any sticky situation.

66.) The Starbucks espresso drinks are powerful. Use these during finals week or you may not survive.

67.) If you like to stay up late and sleep late, don't enroll in a class that starts before 10:30.

68.) Tell your mom you love her as much as you can.

69.) Email your professors if you're having a personal problem or a problem in the class, you'd be amazed at how understanding they are.

70.) Voice your opinion.

71.) Read your assigned texts when you're supposed to, don't push it all off until the last minute.

72.) Your syllabi are your lifelines, always read them before going to your professor with a question.

73.) If you're unhappy, make a change.

74.) Surround yourself with people who have school spirit and are involved, you are who you hang out with.

75.) A "C" in a class is seriously not that big of a deal. Just try not to make it a habit.

76.) If you have enough time to work part-time, go for it.

77.) There are a lot of people out there to help you, take advantage of it.

78.) If you aren't completely in love with the place you're attending, transfer. You shouldn't be paying thousands of dollars to go somewhere you hate.

79.) Figure out your living arrangements early.

80.) If you have the chance to live off campus, take it.

81.) Thank your parents often for their sacrifices that gave you the opportunity to go away to school. Your tuition could have paid for about 7 all inclusive deluxe couple's cruises.

82.) If you can take your car with you, do it.

83.) Don't miss the school sponsored tailgates or activities, that's how you meet people.

84.) Record videos of your nights out on the town, you'll {hopefully} be glad you did in the morning.

85.) Push yourself to always be better, do better, and try harder.

86.) Are you between an A and a B? Ask your professor how you can bring it up to an A. You never know until you try.

87.) Don't give second chances to people who don't deserve them.

88.) Binge watch Netflix shows as often as possible, it's a great form of therapy.

89.) If you think someone isn't a good person to associate with, you're probably right.

90.) Don't let anyone talk you into using Tinder.

91.) When you hit Spring Break, keep pushing, you're almost done.

92.) Start packing up your dorm room before you go home for Easter (and take some stuff home with you), you'll be thankful you did.

93.) Never go anywhere without a raincoat.

94.) Allergy medicine is important to have, whether you're prone to seasonal allergies or not.

95.) Live every day with the goal of making your family proud.

96.) The small fan hooked onto your bed will come in handy even during the winter, so don't pack it up when it starts to get cold outside.

97.) Make friends who treat you like royalty.

98.) You're going to want to cry a lot in the middle of the week, but it gets better.

99.) Dorm life sucked, but you'll never forget your temporary home.

100.) Your freshman year is going to fly by, and you'll be sitting there at the end of it wondering where the time went. Cherish every moment, every memory and every person in your life.