100 Little Miracles

100 Little Miracles

A world emphasizing hate doesn't mean there isn't room for love.

23
100 Little Miracles
Lauren Magreta

I’ve always been the girl who s head over heels for the little gestures people do and the little pieces of life that are usually looked over and taken for granted. I’m the kind of girl that would rather just have a bunch of my boyfriend’s hoodies to sleep in when I’m missing him than an expensive purse or piece of jewelry that he spent his whole paycheck on. I’ve combined a list of my favorite items, events, and characteristics of life that I believe are worth sharing and being grateful for.

1. Dogs. ALL OF THEM.

Even the ones made out of ice;)

2. Rain, especially when it pours.

3. Lightning crackling across the sky, long enough to see the individual waves of the electric current through the sky.

4. Fireworks. Giant ones, heart-shaped ones, multi-colored ones and all the other types.

5. Being wrapped in a blanket in the cold night, next to a bonfire.

6. Bonfires and s’mores.

7. Chocolate.

8. Star gazing (Especially in Northern Michigan).

9. Wishing on a shooting star.

10. Making a wish when the time is 11:11.

11. Finding pennies from heaven and making a wish on them.

12. Wishes.

13. Oceans and the waves crashing against the shore.

14. The books I’ve read and the ones I have yet to read.

15. Bookstores, especially small town, antique bookstores.

16. The sound of a book page turning.

17. Black and white photographs.

18. Snow globes.

19. Music. The fact that everyone has a different taste and each of our favorite songs says something about who we are.

20. Oreos and Peanut butter.

21. Chicken nuggets, especially the ones shaped like dinosaurs.

22. Your first kiss and your first date.

23. Your first day at your new job.

25. Nature

26. Knitted sweaters.

27. Butterflies and caterpillars.

28. Double rainbows, even just a single rainbow.

29. Movie Marathons

30. Sunrises and sunsets.

31. When the sun hits the snow and all the little flakes glisten.

32. Sleigh bells and sleigh rides.

33. Typewriters.

34. The sound the keys make on a typewriter.

35. Having an imagination.

36. The sound of sleepy, raspy voices when somebody first wakes up.

37. Tortilla soup from Max and Erma's.

38. Eyes. When they sparkle and light up when someone talks about their passions.

39. The sound of a fire crackling.

40. Long car rides.

41. Laughing. Until it hurts. When no sound comes out and tears well in the eyes.

42. The fact that we laugh because our bodies cannot contain all of the joy and silliness.

43. Dancing in the rain.

44. Drinking tea.

45. Sleeping in late.

46. Long, tight hugs.

47. Being in love, spreading love, sharing love and making love.

48. Happiness.

49. Realizing you’re happy.

50. Holding hands.

51. Deep talks at 2 am.

52. Deep talks at 2 pm.

53. Ice cream. In a cup, a cone or in the form of a sandwich.

54. Drive-in movies.

55. Laying in the back of a pickup truck or car under blankets.

60. Packing for vacation.

61. Making lists.

62. Having a color coded planner.

63. Being barefoot.

64. Fresh sheets.

65. Towels right out of the dryer.

66. Cookie dough.

67. Two spoons, a bowl of cookie dough and your best friend.

68. Having your mom as your best friend.

69. Concerts.

70. Cake.

71. Meeting new people.

72. Having pen pals.

73. Smiling and having someone smile at you.

74. Hot showers.

75. Bubble baths.

76. Traveling.

77. Memories.

78. The feeling of no homework.

79. The feeling of payday.

80. The feeling of Fridays at work.

81. Tattoos and the meanings behind them.

82. Inside jokes.

83. Yellow roses with red tips.

Ladies, a very important teacher in my life told me if a man gets you these, he is the one. Every man he has told to do this for a girl they love, it’s led to be true.be true.

84. Summer. Fall. Winter. Spring.

85. Living in a state that experiences all 4 seasons.

86. Color changed leaves.

87. Jumping in leaf piles.

88. When you can hear a smile in someone’s voice.

89. Having butterflies in your tummy.

90. Breakfast for dinner.

91. Ideas that come to you in the middle of the night.

92. Ideas that come to you in the middle of a shower.

93. People and songs that get you.

94. Football. College football and tailgates and being in the student section.

95. The first day of school.

96. The last day of school.

97. “Good mornings” and good night kisses.

98. The feeling of knowing you’re right where you need to be.

99. Saying I love you and meaning it. Having someone tell you they love you and mean it.

100. This moment, right now.

This is a list of things that are in our world every day that may happen or exist and they need to be taken note of. Life shouldn’t be about who has the most expensive clothes but, who has the best stories and memories to share. Lately, there’s been a lot of anger and hate in our world and I want to show that beneath all that is still a world full of little miracles that make life so worth it. Find happiness in a world of hate and I can promise you that’s all the power you’ll ever need.

Xoxo Lauren