10 Ways To Make The Most Of Your 2020 Summer If You Live In Asbury, NJ

10 things you can still do in Asbury, New Jersey to make the most of the summer if you're in town, visiting the area, or home for the summer.

577
Outdoor dining at Porta Asbury Park
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd6s3enRWr/

Quarantine is impacting everything in the world right now, and everyone's summer 2020 plans have been chief among them. In New Jersey Governor Murphy announced plans to reopen the state amid the pandemic with nonessential businesses allowed to reopen at 50% capacity and outdoor gathering increasing to allow 250 people.

Here are 10 things to do if you live in Asbury, NJ to help you make the most of your summer:

1. Grab Pucker's Fries on the Asbury Boardwalk

This bright yellow stand on the Asbury Boardwalk is open and features a take-out window that sells their famous french fries, lemonade, funnel cakes and fried Oreos.

2. Get a tan while relaxing on the beach

While sipping your refreshing lemonade from Pucker's head down to the beach and get a nice tan. Remember that social distancing is required on the beach and groups must sit at least six feet apart from others!

3. Get a scoop (or two) of ice cream from Cookman Creamery

Located on Cookman Avenue grab a scoop of NJ's best ice cream. They also offer a large gluten-free selection and are known for their vegan flavors.

4. Kayak, canoes or paddle-board on Deal Lake

Deal Lake Dock Company offers kayak rentals for use on Deal Lake and sanitize all rentals before use. Prices for kayaking start at $20 an hour.

5. While at Deal Lake go fishing for bass and crappie

Deal Lake Dock Company also have a Bait and Tackle truck that offers live bait, artificial lures and general tackle. Remember that social distancing is required at the dock area!

6. Visit the Antique Emporium of Asbury Park

The Antique Emporium of Asbury Park is loaded with clothing and vintage trinkets so head down and see what you can find!

7. Rent a bike and ride down the coast

Download the Zagster app and join the Asbury Park, NJ bike share to rent a bike for as little as $3 an hour.

8. Take a hike at Joe Palaia Township Park

This 2.7 mile loop trail features wild flowers, is perfect for all skill levels, and is dog friendly.

9. Get your fortune told at Madame Marie's

Most known for inspiring a handful of Bruce Springsteen lyrics, Madam Marie's Stand at boardwalk has been there since 1932 and visitors can go and get their fortune told at the famous shack.

10. After a long day head to Porta Asbury Park to grab dinner

Porta offers outdoor dining at picnic-tables along with gourmet wood fired pies and live music. Make sure to check out their Nutella Pizza for dessert, it's a crowd favorite.